E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Subwoofer options for a 330i M-Sport convertible

01-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Redromeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-sport convertable

Question Subwoofer options for a 330i M-Sport convertible

Subwoofer options for a 330i M-Sport convertible

I like the sound of my basic stereo system but the bass sucks for some songs.... I have a wide music taste but wold like to hear all my music in a way that dose it justice.

I would like to add a subwoofer but I worry about the space in the old convertible some people put one in the rear arm rest. What are my options I have read that people are adding the earthquakes under the seat but there are no reviews. Has anyone tried this?

I have the basic system but I have a single din media pioneer system with a focal solid 4 channel amp and a alpine m2000 mono amp in the wings but don't mind using the stock system.

I like the idea of the arm rest sub any other ideas.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
FWIW if you have the basic system without idrive and all that kit sitting unused, I'd definitely do that. The earthquakes are supposed to be excellent, but there are other 8" shallow mount subs out there too.

Rather than stick a sub in the ski hatch, I'd upgrade all the factory speakers with what you've got and keep your boot free and looking OEM.
      01-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Redromeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-sport convertable

Sounds cool I will looking to other shallow subs..... And see how it should first but would still be interested I if the arm rest sub is still an option...
Appreciate 0