F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Issue with Shop..please help
Extreme Powerhouse

01-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
BMVeh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_///M View Post
Dude, I know the guys at the shop were dumbasses and messed up your car. But honestly how much do you think a lawyer and all this will cost you. Is it worth it in the end? Just get it checked up from a reputable shop and see if there is any other serious damage. But the bumper is barely noticeable.
i know what you mean...but its kind worse now.. ill see if i can get a pic and show you... But it just pisses me off to no extent... I have a friend whose a lawyer maybe he can help out.

So i called insurance and since I dont carry comprehensive they wont help me out.
      01-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
Got_///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVeh View Post
i know what you mean...but its kind worse now.. ill see if i can get a pic and show you... But it just pisses me off to no extent... I have a friend whose a lawyer maybe he can help out.

So i called insurance and since I dont carry comprehensive they wont help me out.
Good luck man! Keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #25
Jstic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 3.0i

Shop owner's liability insurance should cover this. That is the purpose of having that type of insurance. This shop owner sounds very shady, probably doesn't carry the required insurance, or has had so many claims he doesn't want another. Anyone who does exhaust work knows about pipes and bumper clearance, it's taught in mufflers 101.

Take some time and check out the business owner before you proceed. See if they are worth anything, or are just a fly by nite outfit that is on the brink of folding. Check BBB for previous complaints, check local courthourse or judicial website for lawsuits filed by them or against them. Get on the internet and google them, find out as much as possible. It may not be worth going after them, you can't get blood from a stone.

Don't waste your time with a lawyer, lawyer will cost you more than the damage and you will probably never recover legal fees. If you decide to go after them get estimates to fix the damage, send to the hacker shop and give them 30 days to pay or repair. If they refuse, file a case in small claims court and suit them for the damages, all of your time and aggravation, and your expenses. Don't get car fixed until you have settled the case.
Appreciate 0