F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Dealer has changed price of vehicle before delivery
proTUNING Freaks

02-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
jdenmead
Rep
Drives: E91 M-Sport

Dealer has changed price of vehicle before delivery

I'm after some advice and thoughts on an order I have placed for a new BMW X3. The order was placed and New Vehicle Contract signed on 19 December 2012 after agreeing the price detailed on this paperwork.
Yesterday I received a call from my dealer informing me they had made a mistake in the calculations and the price should in fact be higher than quoted and also detailed on previous copies. Obviously this was a surprise for us as our budget and vehicle specification was based on the prices quoted and we are now looking forward to receiving the vehicle early next month.

Has anyone else had experience of this happening in the UK after the contract has been signed, there is no mention on this paperwork about errors etc and I assume both the dealer and me are bound to the sale and prices quoted so I should be protected against the pricing error.

The dealer has requested a meeting with me to discuss on Saturday so i'm gathering information in preparation for this, any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
neilwilliams
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116iSE

I would expect that as you signed a contract for a certain figure they'd need something in the terms and conditions to enable them to change it and a timeframe in which they can - seven weeks seems a lengthy time to find a mistake. The best bet may be to talk to your local trading standards team.

If they try to force the issue you are within your rights to cancel the order and get any deposit back on the grounds that it's their mistake and that, effectively, you were misled.

In the meantime I'd also look on the BMW website and configure the car again for the options you'd specified and try to find the difference. Also check What Car's website for an approximate valuation on any vehicle you may be trading in.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

BMW dealership did that to me in the states. I was putting down a $1000 deposit and then I get a call back saying that there was a "miscommunication" and that they would never sell the car for that price. Load of s**t if you ask me.

That's why I ended up with an infiniti : )
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
jdenmead
Rep
Drives: E91 M-Sport

Thanks for the replies, I have legal protection on my insurance and gave them a call for assistance and received some useful quotes to use.
Sent the dealership an email and have had a reply today apologising and agreeing to honour the contract signed.

I guess mistakes happen and this time they owned up and did the right thing, very pleased its not going to affect my delivery or funding.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

since both parties had signed a new vehicle contract delivery, I could not see how the dealer would be able to change the price for his benefit...
anyway, you acted cleverly by using your insurance's legal protection and contacting them. everything is ok now.
happy and safe miles then, enjoy your new car!
Appreciate 0