F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > help setting auto door locking
Extreme Powerhouse

01-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
newownerbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe

help setting auto door locking

we have a new 128i 2012 bmw and we can't set the auto door locl function as described in the manual. it states you press the button up or down on the turn signal lever to get the "key icon" to show. then set it to on...however there isn't any key icon as we scroll through the settings - only day, time, and dash brightness settings. Can someone please explain how to find the "key icon" they speak about so we can set this to work..doors will lock automatically after driving 10 or or so seconds...thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
dead_billy
Rep
Drives: X1 s18d

I guess it is similar to 3 series. Some menu items you can access only when car is not moving. Try to find it when car is parked.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
newownerbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe

Auto locking doors

Thanks for replying but I have the car parked in the garage and can't find the "key Icon" on the dash display after reading the manual...still cannot solve this issue.. The dealer said the auto lock function is available on all bmws...but good luck activating it!!
Appreciate 0