E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My E92

08-29-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

My E92

So I brought my e92 back in April and really didn't know what to do with it. I'll start a progress thread soon but here's some photos of what's happened so far.

The day I got it home

Now

Had some more bits arrive in the post today and I'm going to collect some parts tonight. Should have a decent change later this month :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #2
timp7748
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d Sport

Looks really smart. Nice one!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Nice one mate looks good! No purple wheels on this one
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:43 AM   #4
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

I bet that goes like a rocket!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #5
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Sorry... had too.. How i felt after looking at some of them.

But the wrap and the wheels look fantastic!!!! Nice start mate!

What are you thinking of next?
Looks like you're off to a gd start.

I am just going to leave this here
may give you some ideas for future modding

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Dont have a clue why the pictures are doing this - I started the tread with my ipad and they are all perfect and straight, the same if I check on my iphone however when I use the laptop they are all angles!

So sadly its only 320d, being 18 it was hard enough to insure a coupe with the 2.0 engine.

No purple wheels anymore - They were sold with the last one. I liked them because it was different but at the same time I needed to sort fitment with them as they were only 18's.

I did buy a 1M bumper but it was a cheap one and didnt fit correctly so I sent it back.

Waiting
I have got the corner splitters for my front bumper to go on - The cars in the bodyshop next week so will be just after then.

Ive got a 335 diffuser and I'm looking at places to get it booked in for the exhaust as I think my rear end looks daft with a hick kick spoiler and my horrible oval exhaust.

Picking up some Alcantara Msport seats later as sadly the car doesnt have heated seats but is leather so in the winter it will be horrible.

Things I need - Remap, Exhaust and then maybe a slight extra drop, the car is on Eibach kit and is not that low in all fairness. Need some more ideas on what else!

Not sure what to do with my lights but dont really like the look of them I did think about having them Tinted but I dont want the car to look too ricer so im not too sure yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

I was actually a fan of the purple! But getting the fitment wasn't going to be easy...Not because they were 18s, but because the ET's were not aggressive enough.

A shame about the 1m bumper, but i think a few people have learnt this the hard way too.
Unfortunately i do not think there is a good fitting bumper anywhere

Did you find the alcantara seats for a gd price? M3 seats can be found on ebay for £400-600 if you look for the deals. Just FYI

Do not tint the headlights as your light output will drop rendering them useless and it will not improve the look.
Worst case, open them up and just black out all the internals, but whilst they are open, i recommend fitting some led angel eye rings to update that front end.
Looks fantastic on a white car.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

That's a great looking car op! Love the wheels and the black + white looks awesome! Very jealous of your black roof on a white car.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post

Sorry... had too.. How i felt after looking at some of them.
Yeah me too... Great pick Josh made me laugh.....

OP, car looks bloody great, I suspect you will have a show stopper on your hands by the time you have finished... will look forward to seeing your progress..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Looking Good....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Love the transformation!

Definitely consider LCI rear lights in your modding to do list.
THey really do facelift the car too!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Had a bit of a nightmare today with the seats and I'm hopping someone can help. So I got home at around Half 4 this morning after collecting my seats, went to sleep and was up at 9 to fit them thinking that it wouldn't be too bad however it took longer than I anticipated.

So I removed my SE leathers and fitted the suede msport seats - plugged them in and the airbag light stayed off although I had no power to any seats, no electrical function would move. I plugged my old seats back in and all the electrics worked? Do I need to get these seats coded in or do I need to buy a small unit to get these to work?

Hope someone can help! Will post proper update soon
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Have a look at torqueflow in birmingham, hell charge you around 170 to do the dual exit. id go for 3.5 inch tips though as 4 look way too silly and big. have a look at my thread ive got pics of mine
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi Adam,

May I ask where you got your M3 side skirts from? They don't appear to line up correctly at the rear and front wheel arch, but they do line up at the door, or is that just the angle of the photo? I only ask as I am now convinced I need to upgrade my side skirts, but I would like to avoid any misalignment issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #15
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao1 View Post
Hi Adam,

May I ask where you got your M3 side skirts from? They don't appear to line up correctly at the rear and front wheel arch, but they do line up at the door, or is that just the angle of the photo? I only ask as I am now convinced I need to upgrade my side skirts, but I would like to avoid any misalignment issues.
Hi Buddy,

Yeah you're correct the fitment isnt the best, reason why is because they are genuine M3 skirts. I wanted to try the genuine before buying replicas however the m3 have wide quarters so they poke out slightly which I didnt know when purchasing, there is a sponge type spacer pad on the inside of the skirt that you can remove to allow it to sit back correctly. Im on the fence about what to do as ideally I dont want replica parts as if anything happened they usually crumble and crack easily.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #16
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Love the transformation!

Definitely consider LCI rear lights in your modding to do list.
THey really do facelift the car too!!!
I am looking at them, I have done the rear light 'mod' and made the white parts of the rear light red, looks a lot better than expected to be honest, might be temped to upgrade when I run out of other ideas haha! Also I got the msport seats for a bargain price of £63 on the bidding, with all door cards. I wasnt even after seats but for that price I snapped them up, Should be in the car within the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
Have a look at torqueflow in birmingham, hell charge you around 170 to do the dual exit. id go for 3.5 inch tips though as 4 look way too silly and big. have a look at my thread ive got pics of mine
I've got it booked in now, all ready to go friday. Not sure what size tips ill go for or what style - the guy on the phone said that they have a range to select from so that sounds good to me.

I was recommended there by a friend so the work should be to a good standard and its cheaper than anywhere else I've asked about. I'll let you know how I get on and post pics once its all on the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #17
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsd11@hotmail.com View Post
Hi Buddy,

Yeah you're correct the fitment isnt the best, reason why is because they are genuine M3 skirts. I wanted to try the genuine before buying replicas however the m3 have wide quarters so they poke out slightly which I didnt know when purchasing, there is a sponge type spacer pad on the inside of the skirt that you can remove to allow it to sit back correctly. Im on the fence about what to do as ideally I dont want replica parts as if anything happened they usually crumble and crack easily.

Cheers
Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I am just about to push the button with MStyle to get their replica M3 skirts.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 05:34 AM   #18
adamsd11@hotmail.com
Private First Class
Rep

Update

So on Friday I went and had my exhaust and diffuser fitted by Jong Ashley exhausts in Walsall. After ringing around john offered me a price I couldn't refuse. He's now slightly upped the price as I was the test car. The job has been done to a really good standard and I opted for no back boxes and decided the tips while I was there. The back section has all been painted gloss black so it looks like a clean job. I would recommend them to anyone! Pics are below, I went with the 4" slashed tips that fill the cut out in the diffuser and the slash cut keeps it all in line and neat. Also you can see I've done the cheap rear light mod, looks a lot better than normal but LCI rear lights will have to be purchased I think.

I finally fitted my msport seats, the car is at the garage being coded now so I will let you know how it gets on

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #19
Jim1985
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Lovely looking motor! Any updates?!
Appreciate 0