Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > tires and wheels matching

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
shoopdawoop
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI Jet Black 335i

tires and wheels matching

Hello all,

My e90 lci 335i is on stock Run flats (225/45 r 17) right now, but they are busted. I want to upgrade to 18 inch wheels so I need to get fitting tires as well.

This is my first time ever messing around with new tires and wheels so I was wondering what suggestions you could provide (height/width and measurements ratio) for tires to look at.
I'm looking for a ride that's solid and sporty.

**The VMR v710s got my attention (http://www.**********s.com/VMR-V710-...ggered-BMW.htm). If i were to get these rims, which tires (with specific measurements) should I look at.

I'm looking to buying tires at costco - any suggestions on which kind to buy too?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Expand the calculator on the top of this page. Try to match the specs so that your rolling diameter remains constant (or within 2,3% of stock) and your wheel pokes out just a bit more. Remember that the tire widht and the wheel width have to match (aka 8 calls for 215-235, 9 calls for ~245, etc). Do not hesitate to contact VMR directly to ask questions about a proper wheel fitment for your car and the matching recommended tire size.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
Momukhamo
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive

just go to tirerack.com and put all the information it'll tell you what size of tires you should buy.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

If the wheels are 18X8 or 18X8.5 you would typically use 225/40R18 or 235/40R18 ,but without knowing the exact specs with offset we can't say for sure.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoopdawoop View Post
Hello all,

My e90 lci 335i is on stock Run flats (225/45 r 17) right now, but they are busted. I want to upgrade to 18 inch wheels so I need to get fitting tires as well.

This is my first time ever messing around with new tires and wheels so I was wondering what suggestions you could provide (height/width and measurements ratio) for tires to look at.
I'm looking for a ride that's solid and sporty.

**The VMR v710s got my attention (http://www.**********s.com/VMR-V710-...ggered-BMW.htm). If i were to get these rims, which tires (with specific measurements) should I look at.

I'm looking to buying tires at costco - any suggestions on which kind to buy too?
http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/ty...dth-calculator
Appreciate 0