E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth audio playback skips and destabilization

12-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
RockinRyan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3- Dinan S2-ish

Bluetooth audio playback skips and destabilization

Is it common for the BT audio to just randomly/occasionally become unstable and start skipping for no apparent reason? It can be fine for 5 minutes or an hour or more, and randomly it will just become choppy. The problem then doesn't go away until I stop playback on my phone and start over.

I also have a weird metallic zing resonating with some of my playback. Specifically with my Audible audio books. It's as if the volume level is too low and I'm having to overdrive the amp to get a reasonable output level - causing noise that's almost an echo/reverb that keys off certain higher audio frequencies. It's just barely tolerable.

I'm hoping to get a sense for whether it's likely my phone (LG G2) or my vehicle, and if there's any reason to seek a software update?

Thanks!
Ryan
Appreciate 0