XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
nabizzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M LBB

Tuned warranty claim

Just out of curiosity, have any of you who have done an ECU tune from someone besides Dinan on any BMW model gone in for warranty service? How did it go? Was it denied or completed?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

I had a custom tune on our X5d and had a DPF issue and hey fixed it, on the test drive they found out it was tuned. The SA said the tech took it for a test drive came back and said it was bonkers. Anyway they warrantied it but said they "shouldn't" they said the tune caused the DPF issues...I didn't ask questions or argue I grabbed my keys and left. I think if you specified "no test drives" they would never know. I guess it's rolling the dice.....Canada is also different than the US I think the US hey have to prove your modification caused the failure if they deny you warranty.