F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > carbon black paint issues
Studio RSR

03-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
gerryd78
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d m sport

carbon black paint issues

recently bought a carbon black series 5, but unfortunately opted to have the BMW paint protection system applied pre delivery. The paintwork looks great when it is clean, especially when not in full sun light. However, when the sun shines the car appears to be covered in swirls of oily / greasey marks which drive me mental - so much so that I am even considering changing the car at a potentially humungous loss. The only alternative I can think of is to try and polish the "protective" film off using a good polish such as Mer. Before I try this has anyone else had a similar problem and what did you do about it. Any advice etc. Cheers. PS I love the car !
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Bring it to a professional detailer. If the stains can be removed, they get rid of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
gerryd78
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d m sport

Cheers rubber ducky. Have sourced a local detailer, explained the problem and the car is booked in for Sunday / Monday. They recon this is quite a common fault (poor workmanship ?) and I certainly won,t be getting this enhancement done on any other car I might buy in the future. Cost - £150 -£200 and well worthit. Hope to provide a pic in due course. Gerryd.
Appreciate 0