E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need suggestion for 330i headlight replacement

07-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
enloe_michael
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Unhappy Need suggestion for 330i headlight replacement

I have a 2006 330i with adaptive bi xenon headlights (i think). The passengers side headlight/angel eyes are out and the drivers side angel eyes are out. I have been trying to find out how much the stealership would charge to replace the unit and found a couple sources that say up to $2,200 (for one unit!). There is no way I am going to pay 2200 freekin bucks for a headlight. I have been looking on ebay for replacements and found a couple that are not adaptive. Does anyone know if replacing my adaptive headlights with non-adaptive ones will cause much trouble during installation/wiring? Or are there any good replacements that are adaptive (and cheap)? I am not at all a mechanic, don't know too much about cars, and am new to BMW. PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
I'm not a mechanic either and don't know that much too but 2200 is a definite overprice. It will be much "cheaper" than that price but still I'd expect to she'll some money out
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Are you sure your modules are no good? Positive that you need new headlights? Might just need some new bulbs. Your best bet is to get a professional to look at it, that you trust and is knowledgeable w your car, or someone here on the boards so you don't get hosed for stuff you don't need.

These headlight housings have:

One bulb for hi/low xenon beam
Seperate bulb for flash to pass/daytime runnin lights (on our years)
Turn signal bulb
Angel eye (corona ring) bulb, which are a bitch to change unless you take the wheel and fender liner off

And each housing has an igniter ballast for xenon bulb
And each housing has an adaptive headlight control module (for lt & rt motion)

It could be a simple fix before you have to condem the lights and spend thousands. So my advice is get it looked at if you don't feel confident doin it yourself. But there is a lot of good info on here to guide you I you decide to DIY

Good luck whatever you decide

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0