F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > CAR Magazine: BMW "0 Series" (UKL1) lower compact class car in the works
GetBMWParts

10-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #23
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

!

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-14-2010 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #24
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

BMW LITERALLY needs , we have 4 X cars (4 different types of SUV's, REALLY??? ) and they just created the 5 series GT, which is aimed for umm i have no idea who, competition for kia sedona and mercedes R-class to take kids to soccer practice and show up in style ??? BMW needs to go back to were it originally originated, power and control !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #25
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Lol, a realm of endless possibility, 0er, 1er, 1tii-er, X1er, Z1, Z1Msport, 2er, X2er, 2tii, M2, X2M, Z2, Z2M, xDriveZ2M, 3er, X3, Z3, M3, Z3M, X3M, 4er, M4, X4SAV, xDrive4M Coupe, 5er, M5, X5, X5M, 5GT, M5GT, xDrive5M 'vert, 6er, M6, X6, X6M, GT6, 7er, 7erLE, M7, X7, X7coupeLE (WTF!), X7MdriveGT-R, 8er, M8, Z8, Z8M, X8M, 8GT, M8GT... X9er (BMW Monster truck?)

50 different BMW models, not including 2, 3, 4, or 5 door versions not mentioned!

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #26
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

I've seen a ton of the A1s over here and they're TINY. Like smaller than a BMW Mini and almost as small as a Rover Mini. It'll compete with the Mercedes A-Class.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:12 AM   #27
Mu Mu
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

FAIL...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #28
JayReplay
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT Sunroof Delete

0 series...that's stupid...I always thought the 3 series was small! haha

2002 Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 6MT
2017 White C63 AMG Coupe
2002 Oxford Green E46 M3 6MT - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:20 AM   #29
v1p3r
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320d M-Sport EBII

Do you think before you post?

Does anyone really believe BMW will call a car the 0-series and make a 028i or 035i?

And who cares if BMW makes 5 different types of car for 5 different target markets, having a 5er GT does not make the 135i or the M3 less awesome, neither does it make the X5 a worse SAV...

All it does is give BMW bigger market share and allows them to make the cars YOU want better

If BMW have to make different cars that appeal to people who would previously have bought an Audi or a Merc or even a Subaru, why not?? It's more people who can enjoy BMWs

BMW hasn't lost it's core values - all the new cars still handle, sound great, have great performance and in most cases looks pretty damn good.

If I needed a "van" I'd have a BMW van above a Merc van, if I needed a small town car - I'd want a small BMW town car with BMW traits rather than a VW Polo or whatever.

Big up to BMW for giving people a bigger choice of vehicles
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #30
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

Compact class cars survive out of the US market, just look at how hatchback crazy the UK is.

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #31
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I see this as a bigger seller for BMW than even the Mini was, great and all as the Mini is it doesn't have the same impression of quality that a BMW has. It claims that such a model would remain fwd which is totally understandbale give the premium need for interior space but while that is perfectly acceptable from 99% of the public and probably 100% of it's potential customers, would it be acceptable to BMW enthusiasts.........a fwd BMW, I somehow doubt that but then who would have thought we would see a FI M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #32
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

i'm waiting until BMW makes a small, RWD, ~3000lb, either i6 or FI i4, not disgustingly ugly car.

if this is it, i'll buy it. if this thing turns out FWD, BMW is hopeless.

BMW is putting more R&D into their 5000lb monster SUVs with 800 horsepower than what made them successful in the first place: small, nimble, excellent handling, not overpowered fun to drive cars.

the american consumer is so retarded that they desire a $70,000 SUV (most of whom are only able to buy them after refinancing their mortgage) over something that's actually, oh you know, fun to drive?

the 3 series is now bigger than the old 5 series, oh, and it looks completely japanese. sorry to anyone who disagrees, but it does. those ugly ass slanted eyelids will never look good. i'll buy an infiniti or lexus if i want some heavy ass ugly jap car.

the 5 series is now bigger than the old 7 series, which is also butt ugly.

the new 7 series is now just a glorified tank, and has been ugly since the day they came out with it.

where are all the small cars? the 1 series is not small, way too heavy for its size, and not to mention, again its FUGLY with those slanted friggen eyelids.

i'll never understand what america's obsession with jap crap is. the same people who complain about being unemployed because the economy sucks are the ones driving around $30,000 toyota camrys (lol) that they could never afford in the first place. cash for clunkers? more of a stimulus for the japanese economy than ours. also took thousands of perfectly great cars off the road. what a joke.

i'm afraid BMW will never get back to basics. at this rate, i'll be heading to california to buy another rust free E30, put $30k into it, and have a car much more desirable than any new BMW that will ever be built.

you guys can continue driving your overpriced, overweight, overpowered tanks though. fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #33
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
^Someone's a little bitter.

I will, however, agree that the 7 Series has many of the same characteristics as an M1A1. When they introduce things like the 5GT (and god knows what else, maybe a 3GT) I feel myself starting to lose faith in BMW's future.

It will be interesting to see what this car will look like, if this indeed happens. Sort of an aggressive, manlier Mini? It might turn out alright, I'll wait to pass judgment.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #34
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
bmw. please. for the love of god. cut this fucking shit out. you pull out of F1 to make more peices of fucking garbage like this? the 3 should have been the smallest car they make. thats it. enough of this shit. a z2. fine. but not a bmw based on a mini.
what, are they gonna reveal a RWD mini?

they want to build a car for everyone. enough is enough.
Pretty sure if this 0 series goes through, the point is they won't have to. I actually think it will be fun. Considering that that size of car has almost zero current options for a RWD version, everything is FWD. I absolutely believe a 0 series would be successful. I'd rather have that than a mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderface View Post
I guess there are enough stupid people out there that will pay BMW prices for a Mini to make this seem like a good idea. This kind of badge engineering would make GM blush.
I'd say Mini is already priced right in line with the rest of BMW's actual model line-up.

Cooper MSRP: $20k
Cooper S MSRP: $23k
128i MSRP: $29k
135i MSRP: $35k
      10-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #35
mitch_e90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

I remember the outrage when MB launched the A Class. But it is still there and hasn' t prevented MB from selling $100k plus cars.

I remember how upset some were here in Europe when MB and BMW started selling diesel coupes and convertibles.

And what about Porsche? The Boxster caused a lot of anger, the Cayenne as well. The diesel Cayenne was seen as the ultimate insult to Porsche' s roots, and now they also have the Panamera...

This is not worse.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #36
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

I have said it before, BMW is beginning to look like AMG with as many cars as they are trying to produce. I believe its going to lead to swelling costs and ultimately decease in quality. Just my .02

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #37
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
I have said it before, BMW is beginning to look like AMG with as many cars as they are trying to produce. I believe its going to lead to swelling costs and ultimately decease in quality. Just my .02

Cheers,
e46e92
this is so true...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #38
07Z4M4me
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe

As long as it means smaller, lighter, cars, they can call it a (-1) series for all I care....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #39
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

The concept has been in developement for a long looooooooooooooong time. all luxury companies goal is to get THEIR vehicle in as many driveways as possible.

The only thing thats stupid about the idea, would be calling it a ZERO series.

The incredible thing is tho, that BMW's brand is so strong, it will sell...and probably sell VERY well. If they have picked a name, the marketing of the vehicle is already in the mix.

Im sure BMW will do its best to make us look stupid for doubting it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
i'm waiting until BMW makes a small, RWD, ~3000lb, either i6 or FI i4, not disgustingly ugly car.

if this is it, i'll buy it. if this thing turns out FWD, BMW is hopeless.

BMW is putting more R&D into their 5000lb monster SUVs with 800 horsepower than what made them successful in the first place: small, nimble, excellent handling, not overpowered fun to drive cars.

the american consumer is so retarded that they desire a $70,000 SUV (most of whom are only able to buy them after refinancing their mortgage) over something that's actually, oh you know, fun to drive?

the 3 series is now bigger than the old 5 series, oh, and it looks completely japanese. sorry to anyone who disagrees, but it does. those ugly ass slanted eyelids will never look good. i'll buy an infiniti or lexus if i want some heavy ass ugly jap car.

the 5 series is now bigger than the old 7 series, which is also butt ugly.

the new 7 series is now just a glorified tank, and has been ugly since the day they came out with it.

where are all the small cars? the 1 series is not small, way too heavy for its size, and not to mention, again its FUGLY with those slanted friggen eyelids.

i'll never understand what america's obsession with jap crap is. the same people who complain about being unemployed because the economy sucks are the ones driving around $30,000 toyota camrys (lol) that they could never afford in the first place. cash for clunkers? more of a stimulus for the japanese economy than ours. also took thousands of perfectly great cars off the road. what a joke.

i'm afraid BMW will never get back to basics. at this rate, i'll be heading to california to buy another rust free E30, put $30k into it, and have a car much more desirable than any new BMW that will ever be built.

you guys can continue driving your overpriced, overweight, overpowered tanks though. fine with me.
Wow, racist much??
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #41
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I don't understand the negativity among some members to the possibility to a fwd BMW?

We are talking about something no more than 3-3.3m in length, such sizes are possible to package any other way than fwd, now is the Mini a bad handling car? Of course not, anyone who has had the pleasure of getting one on a track will know how true this is and how much fun is there to be had. If it's to be based on a Mini chassis then it's got the best possible start in life.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #42
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Screw class, its all about the money. If people will buy and make it profitable, they will make it. Those of you who asume BMW is about image or Ultimate Machine drunk the coolaide and are flat wrong. All that image, Ultimate machine BS is about money, and they would throw it all out in a heart beat if it proved to be a money looser. I had a nice laugh when people here were up in arms about the X5M/X6M violating tradition. Tradition counts for squat! Open your eyes
      10-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #43
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Screw class, its all about the money. If people will buy and make it profitable, they will make it. Those of you who asume BMW is about image or Ultimate Machine drunk the coolaide and are flat wrong. All that image, Ultimate machine BS is about money, and they would throw it all out in a heart beat if it proved to be a money looser. I had a nice laugh when people here were up in arms about the X5M/X6M violating tradition. Tradition counts for squat! Open your eyes
Do you think a car named the No Class will make people flock to their stealerships?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #44
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Wow, racist much??
What is a human piece of shit...
Appreciate 0