F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Warranty Question...
proTUNING Freaks

12-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
yeefoo335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Question BMW Warranty Question...

My car has been at BMW for about 3 days now and before i took it in i took out the Jb2 and it took them a while to find the problem but now they know someone (me) was messing with the DME. I just played dumb and said i never touched it and the service adviser started talking about how i need to be honest and how it can void the warranty as far as the ecu goes. Should i just keep denying that i ever touched it? I mean if i confess wont they just void it? He said their going to fix it anyway though so i guess ill just continue to play dumb.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

If they are going to fix it either way...

What they don't know can't hurt you, just keep playing the short bus.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

DONT TELL THEM. They r out to screw us with every chance they get, so y not us screw them. Let them fix it under warrantee, and if it ever happens again, do the same exact thing. I know that we should be responsible for our actions, and in reality if they would deny u warrantee, then u should just accept it and pay for damages being that u did this, but hey, if there is a way to get around i know i deff would (but this applies to dealer only) if this was a different shop then it would b a different story, i would be honest, but with the dealer, U gotta watch ur own pockets cuz they r sure out to get to them lol.

BTW, its never a good idea to post things like this on a public forum
Appreciate 0