BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Tripledeadheat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i Convertible-white wi

Angry USB music import problem-HELP!

OK-after reading many posts RE: USB importing of music files, I attempted to use the feature today. I transferred files via an app(recommended on this forum)
"Playlist Export" onto a Patriot drive. Put it in the glovebox USB port and waited about 45 minutes for it to import. Hard drive was full and couldn't take all my music but that was OK as it took about 1300 songs. Now-the fun begins-

Music collection now shows 2 USB collections;USB 1 and USB 2. USB 1 has 1 song and USB 2 has 1344 songs. But wait,there's more. When I select a song off the menu it doesn't play that song. Instead,it plays another song. If I want to switch I push "BACK" button I go all the way back to USB 2 in music collection,I wait 25-35 seconds for the collection to appear and then --it does it all over again. Maddening and frustrating. Any ideas?

PS-I hate the NAV,too
PPS-I love the car (2013 128i vert)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
dclive
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledeadheat View Post
OK-after reading many posts RE: USB importing of music files, I attempted to use the feature today. I transferred files via an app(recommended on this forum)
"Playlist Export" onto a Patriot drive. Put it in the glovebox USB port and waited about 45 minutes for it to import. Hard drive was full and couldn't take all my music but that was OK as it took about 1300 songs. Now-the fun begins-

Music collection now shows 2 USB collections;USB 1 and USB 2. USB 1 has 1 song and USB 2 has 1344 songs. But wait,there's more. When I select a song off the menu it doesn't play that song. Instead,it plays another song. If I want to switch I push "BACK" button I go all the way back to USB 2 in music collection,I wait 25-35 seconds for the collection to appear and then --it does it all over again. Maddening and frustrating. Any ideas?

PS-I hate the NAV,too
PPS-I love the car (2013 128i vert)
What's this "Playlist Export" thing?

PS: I just stuck the MP3s I had onto a USB stick and imported from there, after copying everything from my iTunes music folder; works ok...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Probably bugging out cause you have too many files in 1 folder.

I have about 5 folders and 20 songs in each folder.