E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > low beam problem, please help

06-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Garage List
Angry low beam problem, please help

both the lowbeams in my 2007 e92 suddenly shuts off after hitting bumps and turns back on 10-15 seconds after, or doesnt even turn back on at all. ive found that i could temporarily fix this problem by using the switch and turning off my headlights completely and turning them back on, but the problem would reoccur a couple minutes later (after hitting even the slightest bump). this has been a headache for me since it becomes a complete hazard at night...

i was wondering if the bulb is just going bad, or if something is just loose? could it be a bad connector? any help? thoughts? it doesnt make sense cause BOTH sides are like this and i have not touched my headlights in years.

i have oem ballasts and have installed aftermarket 6000k HID's. ive been using them for 2+ years already and have only encountered this problem a couple of weeks ago.

ive searched but to no avail.. if any of you guys had this problem before please chime in, any help is appreciated. thank you!!!
Appreciate 0