E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Taillights and Projectors suggestion?

02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
gunman168
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW e90 320i

Smile Taillights and Projectors suggestion?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 E90 pre-lci. I am planning to upgrade my taillights and headlights to be more up-to-date.

Perhaps you guys could suggest on what good taillight to use. I am deciding on Black Lines to be OEM but since the trend now is LED so I am also considering the LCI type LED taillights for pre-lci e90 trunk but still deciding because I want an OEM or "official" look and trying to avoid looking too "taiwan-ish". Or perhaps you guys have some other suggestions?

Another is my headlights. I am eyeing the projector with angel eyes headlights by depo since I have read that depo is as close to OEM as you can get without having to spend too much on factory lights. Is depo already good? Maybe you guys can give me better suggestions or where to get them cheaper online.

May I ask for pics of suggestions on these 2 items and links on where to get them cheapest online in USA. I try to stay away from ebay as much as possible as most are replicas and it will be hard for me to return.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Frenk
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 328i X-Drive M-Sport

Personaly, I prefer the Red Lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

OEM black lines, with this said try the member exterior classifieds they'll be around $200 shipped.

I have done a full red out "RedLine" just because the rest of my car is murdered out its nice to have a little color mixed in. But still shot some plasti dip smoke over them to give a frosted look to flow with my car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
gunman168
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW e90 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenk View Post
Personaly, I prefer the Red Lines.
Umm I am not familiar with the Redlines. Can you post pics sir? Where can I get it if ever?

Btw, if you were implying to just use my original taillights and paint them red I am afraid its not possible on my end because my orig taillights are already fried and already needs replacement hehe.

Thanks!

Last edited by gunman168; 02-25-2014 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0