F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Decisions, decisions! Which colour?
Studio RSR

08-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
hammy#74
Registered
Rep
Drives: Merc C Class Sport

Decisions, decisions! Which colour?

Help! Will be ordering my new 520 M Sport soon but can not decide what colour to go for.

I am torn between Imperial Blue with Oyster/Black interior or Carbon Black with Cinnamon Brown interior - bot cars with Fineline Anthracite inlays.

What do you reckon?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy#74 View Post
Help! Will be ordering my new 520 M Sport soon but can not decide what colour to go for.

I am torn between Imperial Blue with Oyster/Black interior or Carbon Black with Cinnamon Brown interior - bot cars with Fineline Anthracite inlays.

What do you reckon?
Of course, it's a matter of taste but I'd go for IP and O\B - a really striking combination. I thought about Cinnamon too but it is a slightly odd shade of brown - they should probably have more of a saddle brown instead of that slightly unusual option.
That said, either are refreshing alternatives to black when you've had it in a few cars...
BTW, I chose light ash trim with the Oyster\ Black leather.
      08-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

I would go with blue, Ive had enough black for a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
hammy#74
Registered
Rep
Drives: Merc C Class Sport

Like the colour combo and spec arnsbrae. I do agree that the cinnamon brown colour is a bit unusual and would prefer Natural Brown but not available on M Sport
I like the look of oyster but am concerned it will mark really easily (been told blue jeans can stain the seats).
Have you heard anything about this?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy#74 View Post
Like the colour combo and spec arnsbrae. I do agree that the cinnamon brown colour is a bit unusual and would prefer Natural Brown but not available on M Sport
I like the look of oyster but am concerned it will mark really easily (been told blue jeans can stain the seats).
Have you heard anything about this?
Hi Hammy,

If you read the thread below carefully it becomes clear that people who actually have Oyster \ Black have no problems with blue jeans and stains in general.

I had to order black for cost reasons, but the Imperial Blue M Sport with Oyster\ Black will look special IMHO.

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...=Oyster+Dakota

This is a good place for interior pics (if allowed by this forum...)

http://5series.net/information/f10/interior/