F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Bmw needs to go back to
Studio RSR

07-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #23
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
I say: let um put more stuff in... i like gizmos, gadgets and sh*t
i agree...i mean i used to have these crazy japanese robots as a kid..making all kinds of crazy noises and movements..and they were cheap as s
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
more simpler times. Key in the ignition, trans and oil dipsticks, and no other electronics, something like windows 7, which is an unbloated vista.
says a guy who drives a 325 auto..

not exactly an enthusiasts choice
      07-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #25
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Give me a dipstick.
that's what she said...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #26
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
I wish we could order exactly what we want on a car rather than deal with bundled options and what they think we want. Start with a bare bones car and start checking the boxes on what you want. If you don't want a stereo, heat, or A/c to save weight don't check the boxes. Regarding the dipstick, I would prefer to have it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #27
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
I wish we could order exactly what we want on a car rather than deal with bundled options and what they think we want. Start with a bare bones car and start checking the boxes on what you want. If you don't want a stereo, heat, or A/c to save weight don't check the boxes. Regarding the dipstick, I would prefer to have it.
you can remove those things yourself and sell them
      07-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #28
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
335D = Dipstick

WIN

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
says a guy who drives a 325 auto..

not exactly an enthusiasts choice
Hey, I bought it because it is only a couple of years old and had less than 50,000 miles on the odometer. If they made a new e30 I would buy it in a heartbeat. They can even play with the styling so it won't look "dated", just stop throwing in more sensors and gadgets. The old "KISS" method, Keep It Simple Stupid.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #30
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Also look at the difference between the e90 suspension (Bottom pic) compared with the e46 suspension (top pic). What did they do?!
Attached Images

If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #31
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Also look at the difference between the e90 suspension (Bottom pic) compared with the e46 suspension (top pic). What did they do?!
Front E46 suspension vs REAR E9X suspension. If you compare the front vs. front there really isn't that many added part, just one additional control arm.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
preDoc 328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i 6MT

The brake sensors are annoying. Had my car in the shop for 3 days and the computer is still having issues. Other than that I have no complaints.

I do wish that they would put an engine temp gauge in place of the MPG guage
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #33
Project1
Bimmer Love
Rep
Drives: You will figure it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by preDoc 328 View Post
The brake sensors are annoying. Had my car in the shop for 3 days and the computer is still having issues. Other than that I have no complaints.

I do wish that they would put an engine temp gauge in place of the MPG guage
Performance Steering Wheel FTW! Love mine!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #34
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

If anyone wants a car with nothing in it, Well dont shop for BMW's look for a used Yugo.
BMW builds luxury cars with a sport feel, Not basic transportation. They do not build cars to cater to the "I just want a tin can to ride around in crowd" They build cars to fit the vast majority of the customers.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #35
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ you missed the point. Bmws were never tin cans, but they are getting overly bloated. It doesn't need all these electronics, sensors, gadgets. They need to go back to basics.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #36
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Front E46 suspension vs REAR E9X suspension. If you compare the front vs. front there really isn't that many added part, just one additional control arm.
Opps, and thank goodness!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #37
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Windows 7 is still Vista, just running more smoothly. If you want unbloated, you need to go back to WinXP
xp still bloated with those girly interface. 2000 is unbloated. LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #38
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickch View Post
personally, I like having no dipstick and let the sensors do their work, why going old school instead pf embracing the new technologies
I kinda agree. I don't check the dip stick in any of my cars unless I change my oil or there is some issue.

i read somewhere that said we should check the oil level at every gas filling, but common I see nobody doing that these day. LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #39
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I started this thread because so many people posts problems with their cars and alot of it has to do with the electronics. The e46 has 1,000 less things that can go wrong with it. I still love the car.
e46 still has lot of electronic problem though.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #40
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
BMW has two types of customers. Buyers who wants a sports car, and any luxury on top is just cherry. And buyers who wants a luxury car, and any sports on top is just cherry.

They are the two opposing forces at work here. On one hand, the Sporty buyers are the vocal buyers. The influencers. The elitist who all think what they want should be what everyone else gets. They're the type to write to BMW NA in a mass email campaign threatening to boycott BMW if they don't bring the E36 M3 over. They're the ones that tell all their friends and families that they must buy BMWs regardless of their situation and need.

However they're the MINORITY. There's probably one sporty buyer for every 10 luxury buyers out there. And BMW knows it. So what do you do, when the VAST majority of your customer base probably don't know what an apex is from a hole in the ground? Simple. You build cars that are bigger, heavier, more luxurious, but with better engine and more technology crammed into the suspension and chassis than anyone has a right to shake a stick at. That way, the sporty buyers are happy that they get a car that handles like no other sedan does, while the luxury buyers get a car with dual comfort climate control that massages your back and shakes your d*ck when you pee.

But that formula is not sustainable. With every feature added, and every inch increased and every pound heavier, it takes double the amount of horse power and suspension wizardry to keep the same "performance." So what do you do, again, if you're BMW? Well, formula is simple. You build bigger, faster, and more luxurious cars with more features, and come up with this "magical" entry level 1 series that weighs 200 lbs more than the last generation 3 series and call it the "sportier, lighter" alternative.

Unfortunately that hasn't worked as well to BMW's advantage. And the last lightweight, sporty BMW built, BMW sold all but 1,700 units in 3 years, with a $10,000 incentive on top. They just couldn't give it away. So what does that say about BMW's customers again?

So for those of you who wish BMW would go back to the "golden" age of building what made BMWs BMWs, those days are long gone. You're better off buying a Porsche. Or a Subaru if you need more practicality. Because BMW stopped building BMWs long time ago. They're now intent on building Lexuses that sort of drive like BMWs.
i agree with everything, except the last part. I think building a car that please everyone is a huge challenge and bmw hits the nail on the head with the m3. none done it better than bmw in this case and all the mag reviews proved it.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #41
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

do you want the manualy roll down the window too? Lol
      07-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
e46 still has lot of electronic problem though.
186,000 miles and 10 years old and not one electronic problem. Looks like I was lucky!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #43
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Hey, I bought it because it is only a couple of years old and had less than 50,000 miles on the odometer. If they made a new e30 I would buy it in a heartbeat. They can even play with the styling so it won't look "dated", just stop throwing in more sensors and gadgets. The old "KISS" method, Keep It Simple Stupid.
make up your mind. you either want modern tech or you don't. I understand why you bought your newer 325, but if you want BMW to change, stop financially supporting the kind of shit you're against
      07-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #44
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
make up your mind. you either want modern tech or you don't. I understand why you bought your newer 325, but if you want BMW to change, stop financially supporting the kind of shit you're against
And get what? A bike? There is nothing else out there I want.
Appreciate 0