F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Dallas Cowboys
ARMA SPEED

03-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #133
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Yeah but no matter what your numbers are, it's about WHEN you make your mistakes....

The Detroit game....

"The hold that wasn't"...

etc...

I see that he plays hard, and I don't expect him to carry the team on his shoulders, but he seems to always fuck up at the most inopportune time. Over and over.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #134
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
That's true. But at least after his fuck ups, he comes back fighting. After he threw away the Jets game (that was all him), he came back and led a 4th qtr comeback with a broken rib and collapsed lung against the 49ers (arguably the best defense in the league this year).

There's no doubt he's looked really bad when it mattered. But I just think that the team as a whole has looked infantile and so un-disciplined all the years he's been there. Now maybe that's where HIS leadership is lacking....but I guess we'll never know.

Look at who we had before him though....we had to live with Testaverde and Bledsoe. Two washed up oldies.....so when we got a young guy who could at least scramble and had an arm strong enough to throw down the field....I was excited.

Seems like people nowadays just immediately say players suck if they don't do everything right away. Granted it's been a few years now...lol...but still.

Just tell me another QB who puts up the numbers Romo does every year with a shitty defense....maybe rivers?

Just read through this and if you still say he sucks...then I don't know what to say..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Romo

You could go through all of the greats in History and find a few times when they've fucked up in big games. Romo has really only played 5 seasons. Damn, it took much longer than that for some in the past to finally get to the big time...
      03-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #135
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

He's got a high QB rating...

...ok...

...he still needs to work on not fucking up when it matters most. That's part of leadership for sure.

I applaud him playing hurt and his performance in the collapsed lung situation. I could probably never do that, and I would never claim to be able to.

Also, teams with shitty defenses usually help QB stats. Trust me, I'm a Lions fan so I know.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #136
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
That is true and QB's throw so much now...so the passing yards stat is mute nowadays.

Hey, I'm a big Stafford fan...he's a Texas boy....at least the Lions had a decent D this year....

By the way...did we get Calvin Johnson from y'all today?
      03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #137
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
That is true and QB's throw so much now...so the passing yards stat is mute nowadays.

Hey, I'm a big Stafford fan...he's a Texas boy....at least the Lions had a decent D this year....

By the way...did we get Calvin Johnson from y'all today?
Well our front 7 were ok, but the secondary was the worst I've seen since last year's Lions team. And then TB goes ahead and signs Eric Wright for $38M. That really made my day, had me laughing hard for real. Someone in that front office must not have watched any tape from that limp-wristed Nancy. It's like receivers and backs wore special Wright-repellant; I've never seen someone so terrible and afraid of tackling (except maybe Alphonso Smith who also happens to play for us).

Calvin signed the most lucrative contract in NFL history if I'm not mistaken. I think it was to the tune of 7 years $132M, $60M of which is guaranteed. The restructuring of his contract freed up $9M of cap space too. Win-win. Looks like ManCans will be throwing to him for a few more years. Hell yeah.

I'm not a Cowboys hater, not a Romo hater either. I just think he has to kick the habit of choosing the worst possible times to screw up. If he did that, he'd be golden. Dallas has other areas to improve for sure, but Romo has got to do better. IMO of course.
Appreciate 0