F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > help - splashed some coke on my idrive
GetBMWParts

12-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
bmw_guy
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i/ seat ibiza

help - splashed some coke on my idrive

Hi,

what is the best way to deal with splashed coke on the idrive on an e90? i came across a post regarding cleaning the coke with electrical contact cleaner. came across this http://bit.ly/uUrLlx. or is there any other cleaner liquid/spray?

do you think it will go away by itself? will pushing the buttons back and forth cause damage?

my situation
i somehow splashed coke on my idrive on friday. did not realise that some of the coke had seeped in. the buttons are getting a bit stuck. first it was the middle button, i kept on pushing it back and forth and yesterday evening it was fine. tried to clean all the buttons with huggies wipes by using a visiting card and sticking the huggies wipe in between each button and giving it a wie.

today in the morning the cd/radio button was a bit sticky and in the evening it was a bit more stuck. turning on the heat in the car and pushing the button back and forth fixed it to an extent.
Appreciate 0