F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Mini CooperS JCW 05 versus 320d LCI
Studio RSR

10-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
NobbyS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini JCW Coopers

Mini CooperS JCW 05 versus 320d LCI

Hi Everyone,

I am considering trading my current (second car) for a new 320d LCI Auto. The current car is Mini CooperS R53 JCW MY05 from factory manual trans. What do you guys think?

The Mini has been faultless from day one but it's getting slightly tiresome around Bangkok's crazy traffic, I still love her for the odd weekend blasts or track events though. I know that it's not apple to apple comparison but the key question would be..will I miss the charisma and power of the JCW?I did test drove the 320d and was mightily impressed by its torque and drivability but still rather unsure of the move. (such a shame that we can't get 335i here cos of the crazy import tax!!) The 320d is the best pick of the current range at the moment ... not that there are lots to choose from 320i Petrol versus 320d hahahaha...

Thanks everyone in advance.
Appreciate 0