F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Sneak Preview from Hall 11.
Studio RSR

08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Sneak Preview from Hall 11.

Sneak Preview from Hall 11.

As from 2005 BMW have sponsored the IAA blog authored by Thomas Gigold who presents the latest news within BMW in the run up to the IAA.
The IAA Blog has been able to visit the under construction BMW hall at the Portalhaus at the Frankfurt Messe.

http://www.iaablog.com/de/

BMW took over the newly constructed Hall 11 to showcase its entire portfolio of brands including Rolls-Royce and MINI in 2009 having previously constructed a stand on the Agora at the Messe. In 2009 BMW broke down the conventional approach of an autoshow by building an indoor track so that visitors would be able to see the presented new BMW models on the move . In 2009 the showcase was the Vision EfficientDynamics concept car , turning the BMW EfficientDynamics philosophy into a purpose built concept. Also making their premiere were the BMW X1 and BMW 5er Gran Turismo and the production cars of the BMW X6 and BMW 7er Active Hybrid models.

In 2011 , Construction begin early to accommodate the World Premiere of the first BMWi Concepts , The BMW i3 and BMW i8. Although the first preview was specifically media , the public got their first taste at the IAA along with the new BMW 6er , BMW M5 and all new 1er. Again presented in motion following the successful implementation in 2009. Which lead to BMWs best describe imitator to have their own track on their purpose built stand on the Agora.

In 2011 regarding the BMW i3 and BMW i8 BMW left with a promise...
In 2013 that promise is fulfilled. For the first time visitors will be able to ride in the latest premieres of production cars and for the i3 it could very much be the first introduction of electric mobility.
Showcased alongside the new BMWi cars will be the first preview of a new line that will compliment the BMWi cars in the way that BMW M Performance compliments the BMW M cars, the new line BMW eDrive will signify plug-in models of the current BMW portfolio.

As for now here is a current look at the construction ongoing in Hall 11.
Attached Images

08-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Hall 11.
Attached Images

08-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Hall 11
Attached Images

08-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

View of the indoor track.
Attached Images

08-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Maybe it's just me but that's been a pretty boring blog in past years. Hope it's better this year...

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0