F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Yesterday's dyno's - soon to be blown e39 M5, Stg III 335 Procede & my busted tomato
Studio RSR

12-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Yesterday's dyno's - soon to be blown e39 M5, Stg III 335 Procede & my busted tomato

Spent a little time over at Motorsports Performance in Frederick, MD dynoing our cars to get baselines for future upgrades.
I dyno'd my 335 here many moons ago when I had just installed the 1st Helix intercooler sold (it was actually their prototype) w/ just V2 Procede and that intercooler.

1st up was Adam's (Clem, former Vishnu powered 335 owner) beautiful super clean e39 M5. Adam just ordered ESS's super charger kit for his M5, watch out locals.....this car is about to be a beast. Adam put down a top 10 M5 run at MIR w a 12.92 at 108mph in this car, so we know its strong. After a few very dissappointing heat soaked runs the car was set to cool and a larger fan was brought in.

Beatiful BillyBoat powder coated exhaust...what a sound!!!

His dyno graphs. You can see w/ adequate airflow and letting the car cool it didnt pull timing anymore. One of these runs was done in 5th gear which is 1:1 for the M5....speeds in excess of 150mph!
he's expecting another 120whp from the S/C!!!!

edit: Adam just received this today Goin over tonight to get familiar w/ the kit and install it this weekend!!! Christmas came early!! I feel sorry for his rear tires...

================================================== =====
Next up was Scott's 335....super clean 2007 w full stage III mods. It does have high flow cats in the downpipes so its not fully catless.

Running Procede V3 10-9 Maps at 85% here w/ 60% ign corr on pump gas. Car was only hitting 14.8psi which is great for the power!

Now thats a smoooooooooth high HP pump gas pull. Must feel great.

Here is his 1st pull on the standard map settings compared to my pull way back when....my how the tunes have progressed.

================================================== ====

Next was my turn.......
LOL
I shouldnt even be driving my car much less dynoing it. Car has a blown head gasket between cylinders 5 and 6 I believe. Luckily NO oil in the coolant or vice versa. Coolant is getting pressurized and there is coolant leaking out the back of the head. Parts on order from Radowski and it should be replaced next week hopefully. Got a BMW Master tech coming over this weekend to work on it with me at the garage.
anywho we fixed a boost leak that I attempted to fix w/ JB weld.... then strapped her down. I only put it on low boost (8 psi). Car went really lean (13.4) and the operator let out early at around 5300rpms, redline is 7200rpms. Made 320whp when he let out even w/ all that crap going on. In true form w/ the new turbo it should be 420-450whp at 13psi. Needs a retune badly and the new Aquamist HFS6osa is going in. Cant wait for the new power :buttrock
New Euro Mtech wheel w/ custom recover....LOVE IT

Hopefully they can chime in and post their vids or pics.....had fun today boys!
cant wait to get back there w/ your new mods and my car running right

=======================

OK Adam posted his vids:

Video's by Adam, owner of the M5

Ok, heres the vids.....
First up, Scott's dyno queen. 380whp - SAE corrected - barely touching 15 psi! Dude!! My feet were about 6" from the dyno's wheel while filming this. So if I'm not holding perfectly still, it's because I was soiling myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbQomKUhG0
Next is my heat soaked M5. The more I think about it, the madder I get. Don't ask, just watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iISQmolwaMI
Last up is Matt's M3. Um, just a few issues on this shortened pull :eyecrazy. Looks fast though!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBHMevpk1mc