F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > North America gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013
Studio RSR

06-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Just a update to all. I am working out the details for the event and welcome any suggestions or ideas. PM me with them and so i can review them all to finish building us a game plan.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just a update to all. I am working out the details for the event and welcome any suggestions or ideas. PM me with them so i can review them all to finish building us a game plan.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #25
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just a update to all. I am working out the details for the event and welcome any suggestions or ideas. PM me with them so i can review them all to finish building us a game plan.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

sounds cool. maybe ill toss the kids/dogs/ol lady in the truck and rally out there
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #28
bucket328
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [10.00]
I'd be down for a road trip!!
      06-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #29
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
This is gonna be awesome! Can't wait.
      07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #30
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I wanted to bump the threads as well as get some update everyone on the feedback I have gotten.
  1. Recommendation to drive through beartooth pass. This would a full day of driving there and back but looks like it is well worth it. http://www.beartoothhighway.com/roadMaps/index.html for more information about the drive.
  2. Spend only 1 day in Yellowstone hitting the major sites. I am working on a photo-opp at Old Faithful but this is a long shot. If we are able to pull, it off there may be a cost in order to secure event insurance, which fingers crossed, will allow us to have the shoot. If not we will find another park venue.
  3. Spend two days in the Grand Tetons as a group seeing the sights.

That is the current update on planning. Dates are still being figured out as we are trying to be in and out of all the areas before the crowds. Mid / Late June still looks to be the target date as this will avoid the major crowds.

I will post again once I have some more updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I wanted to bump the threads as well as get some update everyone on the feedback I have gotten.
  1. Recommendation to drive through beartooth pass. This would a full day of driving there and back but looks like it is well worth it. http://www.beartoothhighway.com/roadMaps/index.html for more information about the drive.
  2. Spend only 1 day in Yellowstone hitting the major sites. I am working on a photo-opp at Old Faithful but this is a long shot. If we are able to pull, it off there may be a cost in order to secure event insurance, which fingers crossed, will allow us to have the shoot. If not we will find another park venue.

That is the current update on planning. Dates are still being figured out as we are trying to be in and out of all the areas before the crowds. Mid / Late June still looks to be the target date as this will avoid the major crowds.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #32
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
dmw16
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2005 ///M3

This sounds awesome!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #36
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff Grissel View Post
sounds cool. maybe ill toss the kids/dogs/ol lady in the truck and rally out there
Can't take the dogs unless they don't plan on getting any exercise.

Yellowstone is not pet friendly at all. Dogs can only be on-leash in very specific spots. Can't even take them for a walk on-leash on the paths or hikes.

It's the primary reason we haven't visited because it looks beautiful. Even the National park that we live in is much more pet friendly.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #37
JoJo56
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0Si

YUP

Beartooth Pass would be nice if someone could comeback with some pics of what it looks like without snow. This was taken mid July 2011 on the first day it was open. 4500 miles round trip in a jeep (never again)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #38
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
It's a pity I live in Australia, it looks like being a great drive.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #39
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

What if I took the time to see if I can get some rental BMW or Euro cars?

Maybe get a group from Australia to come out? BMW club fly / road trip HAHA.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #40
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
What if I took the time to see if I can get some rental BMW or Euro cars?

Maybe get a group from Australia to come out? BMW club fly / road trip HAHA.

Thoughts?
We plan on doing a US/Canada trip with the family but need 3 months over there to do it justice. Like Australia it's big country and it takes few days to get there travel time.

Not like going to Fiji or NZ which is only 3 and bit hour flight, you can go back and fourth until you have seen everything.

We will get there and Yellowstone is on the schedule.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #41
shanfarrar
Rep
Drives: bmw

I can get some rental BMW or Euro cars
      07-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #42
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanfarrar View Post
I can get some rental BMW or Euro cars
PM and we can chat if this is legit.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #43
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
Dates are still being figured out as we are trying to be in and out of all the areas before the crowds. Mid / Late June still looks to be the target date as this will avoid the major crowds.
This sounds great....however, I wonder if the snow pack will be gone by then...I know last year Glacier's "Going-to-the-Sun Road" was not even open until mid-July last year...but I went this past July 2012 long weekend this year. (Snow was 10-14 feet deep at Logan's Pass still).

Can someone from around Yellowstone comment if the proposed time period will work for us with Z4's
Thanks...

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #44
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The images in my original post is from the End of June. So it will be a hit or miss but the plan is mid to end of June so the snow pack is at least gone enough for low front end cars =)
Appreciate 0