F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Current Software Version
ARMA SPEED

10-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Peter76
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D X Drive

Current Software Version

Hi All,

Couldn't find a 'new persons' section on the forum, so here's probably as good a place as any. Bought my F30 330d X Drive back in March, brilliant car with a decent spec. Think I should manage to keep this one more than the normal 2 years!

Came from an E90 320d Sport+, which I also loved but when I bought this, I'd really wanted the 330d! Previous to this have included a S1 Elise, 2010 Focus RS, 2007 Exige S, 2007 Golf MkV 140Tdi GT Sport and some duller stuff prior to this!

Anyway, I've done a search and found a number of topics regarding iphone use & Bluetooth, but still can't find the answer to my problem. I previously had a Nokia smartphone of some variety which would display text messages on the iDrive screen. I then got an iPhone 4 and no longer get the texts displayed on the iDrive screen. Otherwise the phone works well for voice calls via the bluetooth. As per some threads I read, on the iPhone in Notifications, I've set the message to display on the phone screen when locked, but this has made no difference. I also have the Badge App Icon on.

I also read about software updates which i would like to perform, but not sure what the latest version is. Here is what I currently have...

[/URL]

Does anyone have newer software than this?

P.S I don't get the Office menu option in my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Frosticles
Skint as always
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d M Sport

I am sure that Apple don't support the text messaging & office iirc. Mine certainly doesn't.
      10-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Alex.G
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport (EB)

Hi

i have Pro media also, we collected car end of sept - dealer said i have most uptodate version as i asked the same questions?

MN-002.038.015
TN-002.038.015

did try to use the updates from the BMW web site but when i tried the car said it wasnt compatible? guess it is uptodate???

enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:08 AM   #4
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosticles View Post
I am sure that Apple don't support the text messaging & office iirc. Mine certainly doesn't.
I get calendar and messages/email. But only any that arrive, not going back before getting in the car. Email/Messages show as the same icon unlike with Android which differentiates the type of message.

And for calendar need the BMW connected drive app up and running while its plugged in.
Appreciate 0