E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > keeping time displayed with gas tank on reserve

02-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
335stepitup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fireman View Post
If you tap the stalk once it will show you on the Idrive and center cluster the time momentarily, then return to "hey you need gas soon or your HPFP will fry soon, and you willl be walking soon reminder"..

Just get gas before you reach that mark and you will never see it again.

What he said...I take it you only want to check the time not count the minutes go by. Just pushing the BC stalk wlll let you view the time for a few seconds.

The effective amount of gas still left in the tank after you get a zero warning is pretty much as close as you wanna get give or take a litre or so. The tank capacity does not mean that you can use all that fuel before the pump runs out of feed(level of fuel pick-up vs actual fuel level in mm) Fill it when filling is due and you won't damage the pump pre-maturely.
E90 335 mtechnic steptronic, ca, activ steering, prof nav, logic 7,bluetooth,errb, titan silb/dakota black, brushed alu,Clear tail clusters, carbon grillz, splitters and rear diffuser, BMW Performance power upgrade, 20's, Chiplogic s/ware
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #24
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
What's bothersome to me more than the fact that we have all manner of lights, indicators, and sirens going off that we can't defeat is the fact that there are so many people defending the automakers for doing this. While I understand that to get upset about a feature in your car you can't do anything about is futile, taking an apathetic attitude toward something like this is an indication to BMW that we all like it. Every generation the buzzers and lights and gizmos that yell at you if you aren't doing something the "correct" way get worse. This is a scary thought to me.

I agree with the OP, I have a fuel low light to tell me when I've hit about a quarter tank, a fuel gauge I can read, and a warning tone and light on the dash to let me know that I'm damn close. Why can't we just disable it? They've done MORE than their part in informing us that we're about to run out of gas. What's next? When you get to "10 miles left", your car shuts off to "prevent" you from running out of gas?

Sorry for the rant
Appreciate 0