E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > EVO driver new to site from MD

05-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
BoostedTerp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
yea i was just reading that Dinan pretty much voids your warranty but is covered from them for the same 4yr/50k from a dinan licensed BMW dealer etc...still to much for me to risk IMO
Yeah, my dealer here is a Dinan dealer so they're cool with pretty much any Dinan parts. BMW won't void the warranty on your entire car, just the parts that they deem were caused by Dinan to fail. Obviously they'll look at the powertrain as being caused by extra horsepower, but you will never have to pay for a warranty claim. It's better peace of mind for me, I didn't want to play that take all the parts off and clear codes game every time there was a dealer visit. To each their own!
      05-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #24
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
yea i was just reading that Dinan pretty much voids your warranty but is covered from them for the same 4yr/50k from a dinan licensed BMW dealer etc...still to much for me to risk IMO
Dinan DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!

They provide a PARALLEL warranty that covers any problem that their products might cause - and that includes their suspension and other items as well as the software and other engine and drivetrain stuff. They don't "rat you out" to BMWNA, but they will provide them with the info that they covered something if indeed that happens. If your power windows quit, Dinan doesn't cover it - that still is covered by BMW as would be power steering or anything else.

Think about it...BMW and Dinan are tight, you buy their mods and have them installed at Dinan-affiliated dealerships. I've had 3 Dinan-modded 3-series cars now and NEVER had a warranty problem.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #25
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
i have, they will report to get your car warranty voided from what ive heard in the past...ill try to find proof but i might not be able too...and i might be wrong but ive read it before on here
Dinan parts are also offered by BMW, they are covered under a respective warranty; they coincide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Dinan DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!

They provide a PARALLEL warranty that covers any problem that their products might cause - and that includes their suspension and other items as well as the software and other engine and drivetrain stuff. They don't "rat you out" to BMWNA, but they will provide them with the info that they covered something if indeed that happens. If your power windows quit, Dinan doesn't cover it - that still is covered by BMW as would be power steering or anything else.

Think about it...BMW and Dinan are tight, you buy their mods and have them installed at Dinan-affiliated dealerships. I've had 3 Dinan-modded 3-series cars now and NEVER had a warranty problem.
There we go

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #26
jeffmas1587
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Hey Edison.528, I was in the same situation you're in now a few weeks ago. I used to own a '03 Evo ~500whp. Traded it in for a 07 335i, and don't feel bad at all. Sure it is slower and won’t handle as well, but it is a million times more comfortable. I can actually talk to people in the car, and even hear my music. Some times though, I drive with the music off and just listen to the silence haha. The seats are a lot better to ride in and everything feels great. I like to say the car feels much more "solid," I'm not worried about some part vibrating off while I'm driving around.
I might at some point return to an Evo, but only for a track car or weekend driver. I am all about comfort now, and this isn't to say the 335i is slow. By all means, 300hp/tq is pretty damn quick. With a few mods, 400hp is easily a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #27
Edison.528
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution

THANK YOU! thats what i wanted to hear from an EVO owner. i know for a FACT sometime down the road i WILL own another EVO its too much of an amazing car its just im also dont want to wory of hitting my25psi and being scared to hear a "clink clink clink" in the engine bay and see a bung of orange and red lights apear on my Guage cluster! hahaha but thanks for Everyones feed back. Once again stay tuned in about a week or 2 i will post pics of my car before and now.. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #28
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmas1587 View Post
Hey Edison.528, I was in the same situation you're in now a few weeks ago. I used to own a '03 Evo ~500whp. Traded it in for a 07 335i, and don't feel bad at all. Sure it is slower and won’t handle as well, but it is a million times more comfortable. I can actually talk to people in the car, and even hear my music. Some times though, I drive with the music off and just listen to the silence haha. The seats are a lot better to ride in and everything feels great. I like to say the car feels much more "solid," I'm not worried about some part vibrating off while I'm driving around.
I might at some point return to an Evo, but only for a track car or weekend driver. I am all about comfort now, and this isn't to say the 335i is slow. By all means, 300hp/tq is pretty damn quick. With a few mods, 400hp is easily a possibility.
i promise you if you buy the right 3 series it will out handle that evo all day everyday, 24/7-365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
THANK YOU! thats what i wanted to hear from an EVO owner. i know for a FACT sometime down the road i WILL own another EVO its too much of an amazing car its just im also dont want to wory of hitting my25psi and being scared to hear a "clink clink clink" in the engine bay and see a bung of orange and red lights apear on my Guage cluster! hahaha but thanks for Everyones feed back. Once again stay tuned in about a week or 2 i will post pics of my car before and now.. Thanks!
have you bought the 335 yet? make sure you get sport package if possible
      05-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 & Evo VIII

I am currently an 03 evo owner as well. Actually selling my car this week if all goes as planned and will be purchasing an E92 as soon as I find one with the options I want (I'm picky). I agree with jeffmass1587. With an evo you're more worried about the engine, t-case, or tranny going "kaboom" than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I've owned an evo for 4 1/2 years and the car is amazing, handles awesome, and makes good power with minimal mods and e85. BUT tinkering with the car every weekend and constantly fixing the cheap mitusbishi quality parts gets old fast. Before returning the car to stock, I was pushing 420hp/454tq on stock turbo & E85 definitly a fun car and was able to beat big turbo sti's and 03-04 cobras. but it's time for something new. I've had mustang, s2000, and evo. I want something german now. something built to last. haha. so from one evo owner to another good luck on your search for a 335i and let us know what you decided.
      05-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
MKR_DmD
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 Jeep Cherokee

I sold my Evo IX and now i have a 335i. I was pushing 350whp and 390tq on 103 octane. The downside things are a lot more expensive compared to Mitsubishi stuff, be ready for that. You cannot tune the ECU like you can with ECUFlash. BMW are anal when it comes to there ECu unlike Mitsu. I like the BMW so much more then my EVO. Daily driving is much more enjoyable. I had to decide between a X or 335i. 335i won.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #31
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMissDaisy View Post
I sold my Evo IX and now i have a 335i. I was pushing 350whp and 390tq on 103 octane. The downside things are a lot more expensive compared to Mitsubishi stuff, be ready for that. You cannot tune the ECU like you can with ECUFlash. BMW are anal when it comes to there ECu unlike Mitsu. I like the BMW so much more then my EVO. Daily driving is much more enjoyable. I had to decide between a X or 335i. 335i won.
I have done my research on maintenance. The high cost of maintenance is my incentive not to dump all my money into a 335i lol. Well until warranty ends. I was looking at the X too, but I think I just want out from the whole evo thing.
      05-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
i promise you if you buy the right 3 series it will out handle that evo all day everyday, 24/7-365
I highly doubt that. The 335 handles extremely well, but the Evo is in a different class, built for handling and performance, not for luxury or ride comfort. Even if you're talking aftermarket, the Evo is going to win.

As far as street driving and comfort, I'll take the bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
I highly doubt that. The 335 handles extremely well, but the Evo is in a different class, built for handling and performance, not for luxury or ride comfort. Even if you're talking aftermarket, the Evo is going to win.

As far as street driving and comfort, I'll take the bimmer.
BMW isnt built to feel good, its 50/50 weight ratio and handling is what made their name, people misconstrued BMW, in a 7 series yes its comfortable, but a 3 series with sport suspension is another car
      05-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #34
Edison.528
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution

I doubt the 335i out handeling me... I drove one and NOTHING compared to EVO but its funny i was told by my friend that all i would need is a nice suspension upgrade simple bolt ons and it will be a "Track Warrior" hahah I will say this When i get the 335i i WILL miss the Cheap parts (financially) and the feel when im taking a highway exit at about or over 60mph with no or very little tire screetching.... but cant wait to say that i am a proud owner of a BMW! SOON!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #35
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
I doubt the 335i out handeling me... I drove one and NOTHING compared to EVO but its funny i was told by my friend that all i would need is a nice suspension upgrade simple bolt ons and it will be a "Track Warrior" hahah I will say this When i get the 335i i WILL miss the Cheap parts (financially) and the feel when im taking a highway exit at about or over 60mph with no or very little tire screetching.... but cant wait to say that i am a proud owner of a BMW! SOON!
He's right about the suspension, get a sat of KW coilovers and take an on ramp with it and let me know what you think...but track warrior is a little far fetched, you will have to worry about limp mode etc...
      05-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #36
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
I'm in Frederick, PM me if you want to check the car out. The golden gears car club has free cruise in events on rt40 on the other side of Carrabas restaurant the 2nd and 4th saturdays of the month. Next one is this saturday.

The mid atlantic regional forum is very active - There is a member here that has mod install parties at his house, a little bit down rt70. He's got a great garage with a lift and there are usually 10-12 cars there. It's the perect time to talk BMW's with people who mod them. Next one might be the first weekend in June.

http://goldengears.tripod.com/cruisein.html

Last edited by scottp999; 05-18-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #37
jeffmas1587
Rep

No way. I've tracked my Evo many times it is a beast in the corners. Apple to oranges though.

Quote:
Quote:
With an evo you're more worried about the engine, t-case, or tranny going "kaboom" than anything else.
So true, things I destroyed on the Evo...
2 turbos, 1 transmission, 1 transfer case, 1 clutch, 1 radiator and a complete engine. I did all of this without getting in a single accident.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #38
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No way. I've tracked my Evo many times it is a beast in the corners. Apple to oranges though.

So true, things I destroyed on the Evo...
2 turbos, 1 transmission, 1 transfer case, 1 clutch, 1 radiator and a complete engine. I did all of this without getting in a single accident.
i was just reading on a evo forum and those guys sure hate BMW's
      05-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #39
jeffmas1587
Rep

Quote:
i was just reading on a evo forum and those guys sure hate BMW's
Everyone hates what they don't own lol. I've just been fortunate enough to own both - even an Audi.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #40
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Everyone hates what they don't own lol. I've just been fortunate enough to own both - even an Audi.
all the EVO guys ive met are rich honda tuners with giant heads bc their car is far more superior than any other according to them, which can be said about some BMW guys as well
      05-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #41
jeffmas1587
Rep

Sounds a lot like all the Mustang owner's I've met haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #42
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds a lot like all the Mustang owner's I've met haha.
yep, i just love the look on those guys when i pull up in my BMW, they instantly get pissed and bow their chest, and i dont even say anything to them or talk about my car haha
      05-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #43
jeffmas1587
Rep

There are not a lot of cars out there that I hate - I hate Mustangs though. I've driven them, sat in the non-existent back seat and worked on them. Never been happy to do any of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #44
wlwarfield
United_States
Rep

Quote:
all the EVO guys ive met are rich honda tuners with giant heads bc their car is far more superior than any other according to them
sounds about right. every evo owner I know with the exception of a few think their car is better than the rest and have what i call an 'evo ego' haha. hence why I wanna get out of the whole evo scene period. the cars are great, but most owners need a reality check.