Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Yokohama Advan Sport V103S Zero Pressure System TYRE CRACKING

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
xxxsingh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d SE

Exclamation Yokohama Advan Sport V103S Zero Pressure System TYRE CRACKING

Hi All,

Firstly great forum and have saved myself many pennies with some of the advice and how to guides.

I now have quite possibly the most annoying thing to happen to me for a while, my 318d se 07 plate has just failed its MOT due to the tyres.

All four are Yokohama Advan Sport V103S Zero Pressure System 225/50 R16 W (92) 2x 14000 miles (front) and 2 x 6000 (rear)

The offside and nearside front fitted 31 Mar 2012 both have cracking in the thread, which were advisory but even the tester was concerned as its the same garage which I always take my cars to and knew they were at most 2 years old.

The offside and nearside rear, same issue which have covered about 6000 miles since Aug 2013.

The Failure was punctures which on a runflat I didn't know were a fail but had them repaired which again I didn't know you shouldn't do.

The car is predominately driven by my parents who are in their late 50's so gone are the days of burning any rubber etc.

Long story cut short has anyone else experienced cracking in the thread on their tyres?

Any ideas what the next steps should be with regards to a complaint to the manufacturers as to me having owned various vehicles and ragged a few in the process ive never had tyre cracking up there as an issue before?

Are Yokohama tyres just rubbish?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0