E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > bought some LS3s from BavX

08-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E90 335i

Thumbs up bought some LS3s from BavX

hey everybody, review about my experience with BavX is WAY WAY overdue.

These guys really deserve a solid review, and I should of gotten to it sooner.

In the beginning of july, i left CA to spend a month or so studying in the UK before i left i sent my lights out to BavX to have a full black out/ LS3 or whatever done. I set it up that i would contact them a couple days before i got back so they could send my headlights out and they would be waiting for me when i got home. pretty fucking cool of them to let my headlights cluster up their shop for a month.
Anyway, got home from my trip with my headlights waiting, opened up one of them to check them out as i was going to instal them that evening. A brief look at them resulted in a little questioning because the adaptive light housing had fallen off the base, called BavX, they assured me that it would reset itself as soon as i plugged the headlight it.
Finally got to installation around 4pm that afternoon, to find that the headlights had been FUCKED by UPS
On one headlight the Outer ring had completely come undone, on the other the outer housing had come undone
in addition, edges of the lenses on both lights had been cracked.
Called Duy at BavX, told him what had happened and sent him pictures. By the time i got around to this i'm pretty sure they were closed but he stayed in contact with me past their normal hours to help me out.
GREAT customer service, Duy pretty much said what ever I want to do they'll take care of it. pay for shipping, what ever it took to fix them.
I ended up installing the lights because i needed my car that night.

Deciding on the spur of the moment the next morning to drive down to BavX to drop off my headlights because i didn't want to wait for shipping. Didn't let them know until i was half-way to them as I left before they were open.Eventually got to BavX around an hour later, pretty much unannounced. Duy dropped what ever he had to do that day and fixed my headlights on the spot, and did the install for me.
He ended up giving me pretty much ALL new hardware, so i basically got a new set of headlights.. all on the spot, all with no charge or hard time.

Couldn't be happier and more appreciative to Duy and the guys at BavX.
They treated me GREAT, and pretty much catered to me to a degree i didnt know was possible...
and now i have great working SICK headlights.

Big thanks to Duy @ BavX for the great headlights and even Better experience!!
I couldn't recommend these guys higher.
Attached Images

11-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
I wonder why this got no replies lol that looks amazing. Where can I get contact info for BavX? Need a price quote
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Gerry@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

Give us a call at the office at 714.672.0576 or email me directly at Gerry@BavarianX.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
I wonder why this got no replies lol that looks amazing. Where can I get contact info for BavX? Need a price quote
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Very nice. Your car looks awesome as well.
      11-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #5
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

How the heck did you get inside the polo field??
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #6
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
How the heck did you get inside the polo field??
I live nearby, and a good friend of mine owns to club.
      11-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

How did you know the correct size diameter of the AEs rings. If I want to buy them for E82 should I disassemble my headlights to measure? That would be stupid...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
How did you know the correct size diameter of the AEs rings. If I want to buy them for E82 should I disassemble my headlights to measure? That would be stupid...
I had everything done by BavarianX in Linda, CA. They were great, couldn't recommend them higher. For me they did full black out, LED halos, and clear side markers.

I would HIGHLY recommend sending your headlights into them, messing with headlights isnt something that should be done by a non qualified shop. They do it all the time and it is one of their best products. Do it right and send them in, you wont be disappointed.
      11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Junge für Leben View Post
I had everything done by BavarianX in Linda, CA. They were great, couldn't recommend them higher. For me they did full black out, LED halos, and clear side markers.

I would HIGHLY recommend sending your headlights into them, messing with headlights isnt something that should be done by a non qualified shop. They do it all the time and it is one of their best products. Do it right and send them in, you wont be disappointed.
I would but Im located in Europe so it is really complicated, shipping costs plus I dont know would I be charged any taxes.
Thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
I would but Im located in Europe so it is really complicated, shipping costs plus I dont know would I be charged any taxes.
Thanks anyway
I'm currently living in Switzerland and i convinced a friend here to do it, there was no tax on it. Shipping costs were a bit annoying but in his opinion it was worth it. you can arrange with bavx for the shipping so they can start working on the lights as soon as the package arrives and get shipped out back within a day or two.
      11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Junge für Leben View Post
I'm currently living in Switzerland and i convinced a friend here to do it, there was no tax on it. Shipping costs were a bit annoying but in his opinion it was worth it. you can arrange with bavx for the shipping so they can start working on the lights as soon as the package arrives and get shipped out back within a day or two.
That means I will have to be without head lights at least for two weeks or even more which is not possible for me. If I would do it by my self it would take max two days. So it is the only option I just need to know what size diameter exactly is my rings. Maybe I would be able to order them somewhere closer to me not in States.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep

I talk to BavX about their ring coming off since I have seen few of LS3 owners have their ring fell off the housing but looks like they now have resolved that issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
BMW Junge für Leben
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
I talk to BavX about their ring coming off since I have seen few of LS3 owners have their ring fell off the housing but looks like they now have resolved that issue.
when i first got the headlights, i unpacked them and one of the rings was completely off and the entire inner housing was pretty messed up. They said it was Fedex which i believe but, the ring falling off im not sure
      11-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep

Entire inner housing was messed up due to shipping? Well at least they took care of you!
Appreciate 0