E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Leather Wax

05-25-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
mr-tdi
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 - 330D

Leather Wax

Hi all members,

Here my first topic or reply ever on this forum - so i hope for a warm welcome. So far i have really loved the forum and what i read.

I have bouthg a 330d E90 '06 black, and got i love it. It has Lemon Dakota leather seats (with black bottom), and it really looks good.

Now i want to clean and wax the leather so it will last for longer. I started out with my white leather chars in the living room to test. When i cleaned these, the stitching turned into black because of all the dirt

So now the project in my bimmer has stopped - don't know what to do our how to clean the seats in the car whit out getting the stitching black like in the living room.

Has any of you had the same problem?Please come back - thx....
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
Brynjolfur
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi mr-tdi

I use soap flakes to both the car and living room. 50g soap in each Littre of boiling water. Let the mixture rest until you can touch it with your bare hands (about 50 - 40 degrees C.) then wash and polish after with a dry towel. I have white sofas in the living room and stitches are always fine again after I washed them. In the car, I now have red leather and use the exact same procedure.

You can give the seats leather grease after the soap tridents if you find it necessary, but if you wash often enough care of the soap will be enough to keep the leather smoothly. In my old BMW, I had black leather; it held 300,000 km without cracking or anything.
Appreciate 0