F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread
ARMA SPEED

02-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #1233
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
cant wait for this weekend in Japan, I wish they would bring back the crazy lady from pride and let Bruce Buffer sit this one out

WAR BENDO!!!!
If only we could get the crazy lady from PRIDE

here's the Pre Conference:

I bet you guys any money that Rampage WILL be coming out with the Pride Song. I want to see the jpn crowd go blitzkrieg! He even talked about how it was very tiring to do all those throws and bombs back in the day. He didn't care and threw caution out the door since wanted to put on a damn show for em. Do you think we'll finally be seeing the Rampage of old this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #1234
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

I honestly don't care for BB as an announcer, I'd take the old WEC guy over him in a heartbeat.

Nobody beats Lenne though!

I've come to admire frankie, but I'm rooting for bendo!!!
      02-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #1235
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
i tried watching the prefight presser but that damn japanese translator was louder than everyone talking, so I have no clue what anyone was saying, come'on ufc, should have to diff broadcasts

I would love to see the Rampage from Pride, as much as i like Bader, i wanna see him get power bombed, arona style

got nothing but respect for Frankie but Bendo is one of my fav figthers and I wanna see Frankie loose so we can see him and Aldo

Last edited by escobar929; 02-24-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #1236
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So many fights going on this weekend.

UFC144
Battle in the Desert 5 (MT)
Legacy Fighting
      02-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #1237
san~man
Tired
Rep

Showtime!!!!
      02-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #1238
san~man
Tired
Rep

sexiyama should be canned, what a terrible fight
      02-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #1239
san~man
Tired
Rep

Bendo!!
      02-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #1240
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Damn...Only Bader's fight panned out for me today. Oh well.

It was great to see Congo get folded like that, never in a million years did i image hunt would be the one to dominate him like that. I even looked outside to see if the pigs were flying or what not.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #1241
san~man
Tired
Rep

I expected Hunt to win. No one has even come close to knocking him down yet, fuck, he even took a shitload of Mirko's kicks to the head without flinching. There's no way Congo was going to KO him.

Sad to see Kid losing so much, he was fun to watch.

Gomi was seconds from tapping, don't know how he held out and then to pull out the win. He didn't look good at all though, he got lucky his opponent gassed.

Hioki got some skills, good to see him doing well in the UFC.

Bendo looked unscathed, while frankie looked like a truck ran him over. I don't see how he thought he'd won, I gave Bendo 2, 4 and 5 at minimum.

Will we see Pettis/Bendo part 2?
      02-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #1242
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

don't see how frankie thought he won either. hate fighters that just want to dance around and score ticky tack points to win. frankie thinking he got more taked owns and landed more strikes just shows that he fights the clock and cards rather than his opponent for the most part (maynard III excluded)....

ben clearly had more power strikes and frankies takedown were barely event takedowns as ben was up so fast it looked like he was on a spring board....

petis and ben should happen IMO, a rematch to their last and the last wec fight....

if not, I'd like to see edgar and petis to go at it and winner to fight ben...but I think dana is going to make frankie go down to 145
      02-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #1243
san~man
Tired
Rep

Frankie would be down in speed and power to Aldo, and there's no way he's catching Aldo's kicks either.

Funny to read Sherdog after the fights and see all the "experts" saying Frankie won 4 rounds to 1 because of his takedowns. They also tried to say he outstriked Bendo, until the fight numbers came out and said otherwise.
      02-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1244
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Frankie would be down in speed and power to Aldo, and there's no way he's catching Aldo's kicks either.

Funny to read Sherdog after the fights and see all the "experts" saying Frankie won 4 rounds to 1 because of his takedowns. They also tried to say he outstriked Bendo, until the fight numbers came out and said otherwise.
"experts"....

frankie was slap boxing rather than fighting for most of the fight, that's his style in most fights IMO....that shit don't work forever...the frankie train hit the ben-smooth wall and his faced proved it...

I've been a fan of ben's since wec and watching his fights with cowboy cerrone...knew the wec lightweights were going to dominate the division once ufc bought and brought the fighters over.....
      02-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #1245
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Just finished watching the prelims and boy were they fun to watch! I think the first bout wasn’t judged properly tho. Fireball kid looked like he was gonna tap near the end of the first round out damn, he came out blazing in the 2nd lol!

SHOWTIME KICK!!! GOD DAMN that was Impressive!

Holy Shit, Hioki’s first round was a thing of beauty, those transitions were so damn smooth! Ok 2nd round but it was clear in the 3rd round that his ground game was just too good against his opponent.

Damn, I’m very surprised to see Okami box so well. He’s never been this fast before. TIM in the 3rd lol!!! WOWZ!!!

Random note, I couldn’t stop looking at the translator’s pen lol.

Damn, Bruce Buffer only refered Akiyama as Sexyama, that’s F-in Fantastic! Judo takedowns 101, so sexy! Just finished watching he 2nd round. Seems like overall, Jake’s got more hits on the Sexy, but Sexy’s got more tds tho. Aww come on Sexy, why you hold onto the cage dog!!! GJ Jake with the win.

Darkness vs Fat HUNT! Super Samoan PUNCH!!! Man of little words haha

RAMPAGE WITH PRIDE THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we get hm wrestle fucked again. Le Sighs -_-; I was so shocked when Rampage dumped Bader, I thought I’d never would be seeing something like that again.

Need to sleep so bad, will be watching the Edgar vs Benson fight tmr!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #1246
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
I've been a fan of ben's since wec and watching his fights with cowboy cerrone...knew the wec lightweights were going to dominate the division once ufc bought and brought the fighters over.....
same here bro, I used to get into arguments w/ everyone cause they would shit on WEC guys saying they would get dominated in the UFC but as it turns out, its been the exact opposite. Other than Pettis coming out w/ a bad game plan against Guida, its been all WEC guys tearing through 155. Cowboy also had a fantastic run, think he'll do it again this year

Bendo was also my fav, the dude has relentless heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Just finished watching the prelims and boy were they fun to watch! I think the first bout wasn’t judged properly tho. Fireball kid looked like he was gonna tap near the end of the first round out damn, he came out blazing in the 2nd lol!

SHOWTIME KICK!!! GOD DAMN that was Impressive!

Holy Shit, Hioki’s first round was a thing of beauty, those transitions were so damn smooth! Ok 2nd round but it was clear in the 3rd round that his ground game was just too good against his opponent.

Damn, I’m very surprised to see Okami box so well. He’s never been this fast before. TIM in the 3rd lol!!! WOWZ!!!

Random note, I couldn’t stop looking at the translator’s pen lol.

Damn, Bruce Buffer only refered Akiyama as Sexyama, that’s F-in Fantastic! Judo takedowns 101, so sexy! Just finished watching he 2nd round. Seems like overall, Jake’s got more hits on the Sexy, but Sexy’s got more tds tho. Aww come on Sexy, why you hold onto the cage dog!!! GJ Jake with the win.

Darkness vs Fat HUNT! Super Samoan PUNCH!!! Man of little words haha

RAMPAGE WITH PRIDE THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we get hm wrestle fucked again. Le Sighs -_-; I was so shocked when Rampage dumped Bader, I thought I’d never would be seeing something like that again.

Need to sleep so bad, will be watching the Edgar vs Benson fight tmr!
this had to be one of the best cards from top to bottom i have seen in a long time. the KO Issei Tamura totally set the pace for the night. Mizugaki totally got screwed though, glad Dana gave him his win bonus.

I feel bad for Kid Yamamoto, he hasnt really panned out in the UFC but looked much better than his first two fights. Gomi looked pretty flat too, maybe both of these guys should drop to 125, 145 respectively.

Glad SHOWTIME!!! is back, what a picture perfect kick.

Hioki looked as good as I've ever seen him, specially against top 10 guys. Kinda took a nap in the 2nd but was so dominant in the first.

Both Okami and Boetsch deserve mad props, Okami had a perfect performance for 10 min but Boetsch came out in the 3rd w/ nothing to loose, like his corner told him and WOW

Sexyama and Shields had its moments, much better fight than I thought it was going to be, I thought it would have been a Shiels lay and pray style fight but it was pretty entertaining, sick TD by sexyama but come'on man whats the blatant cage holding, glad Shield won for that reason but I hope Sexyama doesnt get cut, he looks good at 170

Mark Hunt is a beast

I went crazy went Rampage came out to the Pride song, I just knew he had to. The fight was prob one of the worst for the night but at least we got to see one pride like slam from Rampage, it looked nasty

No way Edgar won that fight, it some rounds were close but he didnt do any damage, couldnt keep him down for more than a sec or two before Ben sprung back to his feet, his strikes did no damage, is like someone else said, he was fighting for points while ben was clearly trying to take his head off. Can you imagine if he would have landed that kick in the beginning of the first round, holy shit that would have been epic

and just cause he grab his leg after he kicked you w/ it and then you dont do anything w/ it, it doesnt count as a block like some people were saying. good fight but enough back to back rematches at 155

Pettis vs Bendo 2 needs to happen and since Aldo doesnt have anyone at 145, make Frankie go down and fight him but I dont see it going well for Frankie
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #1247
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
oh and about Tate v Rousey, the funniest comment I've heard about this fight was, "I hope I finish before Rousey gets the finish" LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #1248
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I feel so bad for Rampage. I knew there was a problem when he couldn't make weight for the first time and his takedown defense is usually VERY high level, I'd say as high as Little Nog. If his leg wasn't shot, Ryan would never have been able to take him down.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...g-ufc-144-loss

Main Event was absolutely fantastic! The bout was close but considering the amount of damage Edgar took, how Benson looked like he just warmed up and overall flow of the fight, it definitely had to go to Benson.

Benson vs Pettis 2, I sure hope so!

escobar, where did you hear that comment from LOL, it's so random!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #1249
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
iirc, it was a caller on mmajunkie radio
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #1250
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
iirc, it was a caller on mmajunkie radio
what did u ask while on the air?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #1251
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Only caught the last couple fights. I was disappointed with Rampage, lost some money too. Only realized today that he's on TRT.

Was bummed to see Frankie lose but BH executed a good game plan.

Btw, anyone got UFC Undisputed 3? It's wicked!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #1252
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Only caught the last couple fights. I was disappointed with Rampage, lost some money too. Only realized today that he's on TRT.

Was bummed to see Frankie lose but BH executed a good game plan.

Btw, anyone got UFC Undisputed 3? It's wicked!
Yeah's he just started on the TRT to help with recovery for his leg. Donno if he's gonna keep on using it tho. I'd guess he probably will.

Bendo definitely won that fight, I don't see a reason for a rematch really. I wonder who's next in line for a lightweight title shot now :P Pettis or the winner of Miller vs Diaz.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #1253
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Yeah's he just started on the TRT to help with recovery for his leg. Donno if he's gonna keep on using it tho. I'd guess he probably will.

Bendo definitely won that fight, I don't see a reason for a rematch really. I wonder who's next in line for a lightweight title shot now :P Pettis or the winner of Miller vs Diaz.
I think he will. He said he wished he knew about it or was onto it sooner, made him feel like he was 25 again.

I had money on Frankie and I thought Bendo won as well. Regardless, I'd still like to see a rematch, I think it's only fair. It's not like Frankie got KO'd either.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #1254
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

http://www.mmafighting.com/strikefor...weigh-in-video
After the fight, they should make a sex tape together.
Appreciate 0