F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2008 Atlanta Auto Show -- No Pics here
ARMA SPEED

04-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

2008 Atlanta Auto Show -- No Pics here

Oh well, overal I am not satisfied withthis year's vehicles at the show.
I was expecting to see a lot more electric vehicles there, but I guess whoever owns/runs the oil buisiness does not want us to get EV, not yet at least...

Here is the brief breakdown:

- Disappointed from Mercedes: C, E, R, Gl Class (Only liked the S)
- Disappointed from BMW and how borring the 7 series is, and how ugly and small the X6 is...(when is BMW going to hire an american to tell them what people in USA like...?)
- Not impressed by Audi at all...The S5 did not look better than my 335, and it did not have better dash/interior (I just dont get all the hype around Audi's interiors...)
- The new M3 looks ricey with the odd fish mouth front and the weird looking rear (in between the pipes)
- The 135 is really ugly...sorry but it really is not worth it....

On the bright side -- Accord finally came up with a good looking sedan
And thr GTR is really nice looking. Pics dont do justice to this car.
You can flame me all day long, but I am one of the few people that will tell it like it is...oh yeah, this is just my .09090909988 cent'

I am out.
      04-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
jamesh
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Not to worry Bronco, the new generation BMWs will soon be out. From what I have heard about the behind-closed-doors unveiling to VIPs at the Geneva Auto Show, the new 7 series should be spectacular--with a design that supposedly appeals to a broad range of tastes.

It's funny that you mention BMW needing an American to tell them how to design cars, because Christopher Bangle, the head of BMW Group design is an American, and was responsible for the design direction of most of the current range of BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Oh well, overal I am not satisfied withthis year's vehicles at the show.
I was expecting to see a lot more electric vehicles there, but I guess whoever owns/runs the oil buisiness does not want us to get EV, not yet at least...

Here is the brief breakdown:

- Disappointed from Mercedes: C, E, R, Gl Class (Only liked the S)
- Disappointed from BMW and how borring the 7 series is, and how ugly and small the X6 is...(when is BMW going to hire an american to tell them what people in USA like...?)
- Not impressed by Audi at all...The S5 did not look better than my 335, and it did not have better dash/interior (I just dont get all the hype around Audi's interiors...)
- The new M3 looks ricey with the odd fish mouth front and the weird looking rear (in between the pipes)
- The 135 is really ugly...sorry but it really is not worth it....

On the bright side -- Accord finally came up with a good looking sedan
And thr GTR is really nice looking. Pics dont do justice to this car.
You can flame me all day long, but I am one of the few people that will tell it like it is...oh yeah, this is just my .09090909988 cent'

I am out.
Well I'ma have to disagree with you on most of your points, but lol whatev we all have opinions.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
Not to worry Bronco, the new generation BMWs will soon be out. From what I have heard about the behind-closed-doors unveiling to VIPs at the Geneva Auto Show, the new 7 series should be spectacular--with a design that supposedly appeals to a broad range of tastes.

It's funny that you mention BMW needing an American to tell them how to design cars, because Christopher Bangle, the head of BMW Group design is an American, and was responsible for the design direction of most of the current range of BMWs.
Exactly my point maybe it is time to change him
      04-23-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Well I'ma have to disagree with you on most of your points, but lol whatev we all have opinions.
I am really interested to see where do you disagree with me, maybe I missed something
      04-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
benny90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
Was wondering how the auto show was, I was thinking about checking it out tomorrow.... Not sure if I will though.
2006 330i E90 || Jet Black on Terra || STEP | ZSP | ZPP | FULL M-tech Kit | Linea Corse LC818's / 19x8.5 ET30 / 19x10 ET22 / Falken FK452's | 35% Pinnacle Tint | Blacklines | CF Trim & Roundels | Predator ICE | Alarm | Cosmos Fogs | Smoked Corners w/ X5 Bulbs | BMW Performance Grills | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | M Sport E-Brake | ACS Roof Spoiler & Pedals | M3 Spoiler | Euro Fog Switch | Paddle Retrofit Kit | CF Mtech Splitters
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

We all have different tastes. To me the GTR is ugly and the design is a mess of angles. the M3 on the other hand is sexy and has great proportions.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #8
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
We all have different tastes. To me the GTR is ugly and the design is a mess of angles. the M3 on the other hand is sexy and has great proportions.

Thanks, Mike.
That is true, we all have tastes, but I also think a lot of people are just badge wh*res... I dont care if it a BMW or not. If it not good, I will not hide my emotions
      04-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
That is true, we all have tastes, but I also think a lot of people are just badge wh*res... I dont care if it a BMW or not. If it not good, I will not hide my emotions
I'm proud of you. You are entitled to your opinions.
Appreciate 0