F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Music in relation to cars
ARMA SPEED

11-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #23
BMW..
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hiphop dubstep and some country (only during my commute after a long day)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #24
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

A little bit after starting this thread, I started thinking about those old dusty CD's that I used to listen to when I was in my 20's(I'm 45 now), so I dug a few out of the basement. For me the 90's were the pinnacle of hip-hop music, that's when it was fun and groups had shit to say...for the most part anyways, not like a lot of the garbage out today. Well, I totally forgot about the Goodie-Mob and "Soul Food". Listened to it for a good 70 miles. Hmmm...I might just have to put my old Rap stuff back into the rotation.

GOODIE MOB - The Coming
      02-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #25
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep

So what are you folks poppin' into the CD/MP3 player these days? Spring's right around the corner and I'm looking for ideas for a new playlist. Sound off peeps!
      02-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

When I bought my first car in 2012 (G37), I listened to a lot of Avicii, AvB, Tiesto, and the like... as well as Hip/Hop. Oh how times have changed.

Now, I rarely (if ever) listen to EDM or hip-hop/rap. I feel like I have just out grown that type of music even though I am only 27.

60% of the time, I usually don't have anything playing and just listen to the engine.

Since my girlfriend is riding with me 90% of the time and I usually let her play what she wants and end up listening to a lot of Chinese music (she was born and raised in China) even though I don't understand any of it. lol

Otherwise, I usually play Wombats, Kenny Chesney/urban country, or talk radio/comedy.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #27
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Though my tastes are very broad when it comes to music, lately I am mostly an EDM person. I try to stick to real EDM (if that exists anymore, really), not into the Calvin Harris "I'm gonna remix pop artists over and over again and shove it down people's throats" shit. Old, original dub step music is very good (what little of it I've listened to from artists like Mt. Eden), but I have to say "no dubstep" because this Skrillex CRAP is not "dubstep", it's shit. Some of those elements, though, mixed in with EDM is good. Other than that, I was brought up on Classic Hard Rock and Progressive Rock by my mother and father so my love for that will never die. I was into a lot of modern hard rock and metal for as long as I can remember until about four or five years ago when I realized everything in that genre has gone to hell. I mean, there's just nothing left for me there anymore. Got a buddy that's a hardcore metal guy (always has been since we were five years old) the likes of which I'm sure the OP is and even he says it's all shit now. Now, when I get sick of EDM, I flip it to Classic Vinyl, Boneyard, or Classic Rewind bypassing Octane and Liquid Metal altogether. I also feel Hip Hop died in the 90's...still have a lot of that, but don't play it often. Modern Hip Hop\Rap can go die in a fire. Country isn't even a music genre to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #28
Sal9012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 F06 ZPC

Gojira
Slayer
Kreator
Pantera
Lamb of god
Celtic frost
Machine head
Motörhead
Amon others.....yup, you are not alone.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #29
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

When I was younger and went to mod shows or even entered, I was literally the only guy listening to rock of any form, it was wall to wall dance/rap/trance or some other form of gibberish you needed to be stoned to enjoy.

NFI why so many car guys play such dreadful music.

This would change if I went to Summernats (google blowers, blowouts and boobs) where the red necks would blast white as white rock.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #30
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjof2003 View Post
I tend to listen to a variety as well. Ranging from 90s hip hop to various kinds of rock. Some of the artists you may hear me blaring could be
Five Finger Death Punch
All That Remains
Disturbed
Tool
Linkin Park
Hollywood Undead
Killswitch Engage
Volbeat
Outkast
Usher (from the 90s)
Mine is pretty similar to this, except throw in A7X, and delete Tool, Volbeat, Outkast and Usher. Double delete Volbeat because I hate them as much as SOAD.

I can understand that most car meets/get-togethers play rap and stuff because that seems to be the most popular genre now. I'm sure back in the 60's and 70's it was the Beetles and such playing.
      01-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #31
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep

Well, 2016 has arrived. Share those playlists!
      01-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #32
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Wow.

Mods, please move this thread. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with BMWs. Heck: it has absolutely nothing to do with automobiles!

(But FTR: "Blacken the Cursed Sun" is LoG's best song, bar none.)

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #33
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Stabbing Westward- "Save Yourself." Dare you to crank it up and try to stay under 100mph. With the GF, classical, as she was a music writer in a previous career. But if I am out for a run, it's the intake and exhaust baby- all I need! Music and cars- integral to my life but I have never had a car that I listen to tunes so infrequently in.
      01-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #34
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I must be a minority here. I listen to country most of the time. I do like OLD ROCK and some new. However I drive a truck and a minivan as well :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #35
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

What kind of BMWs do you guys drive where you feel the need to listen to music? My favorite band is Burble and Pop.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #36
mrkoven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

i bump that bieber top down with no shame
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 04:11 PM   #37
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
My preference is to tickle my ears with the sound of the V8 singing in the upper octave- 6500-8300rpm.

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #38
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsailor View Post
call me old, but classic music is the best thing while commuting; then at the road, prolly lisa hanigan and bebel gilberto...the car is one of the best music theaters ever, music is for free you have to create your movie with the landscape
Classical music while driving is so relaxing. That or some Andrea Boccelli.

But then EDM comes on and you want to drop gear and take off.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #39
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Metallica Pre-Black
Iced Earth
Slayer

Went much better with my last car, the black dark tinted Camaro SS with ground effects, but this sound system in the BMW is a little better, even if it doesn't go as loud.

Don't care much for the death-metal vocals like Lamb of God, got to have more melody and tone for me, but metal for sure. Going to Iron Maiden in April.

I will listen to other stuff, some alt, some classic rock, but the further it strays from metal the more selective I got about things I like and don't like, but there are still things I like far from the metal genre.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #40
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

I mostly listen to stoner and true black metal. It sounds 10 times better on LP so I don't tune it in while I'm driving. Mostly listening to any radio station since I'm that kind of person who can listen to pretty much anything. My favorit radio station is P3, they play everything from Justin Bieber to Mayhem, and best of all... no commercial at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #41
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

If I'm going for a fast drive on back roads, I like hard rock and fast EDM- Linkin Park, Metallica, Mudvayne, Rage, NIN, Flux Pavilion, Markus Schulz, Tiesto, etc.

If I'm cruising downtown I like hip-hop and slower house/trance- Kid Cudi, Tech N9ne, Danny Brown, Pretty Lights, AVB, Blaqk Audio.

Highway/everyday driving I like more mellow rock and alt stuff- Depeche Mode, Incubus, RHCP, Bush, Arcade Fire, Matisyahu, Atlas Genius, Mute Math, MGMT, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #42
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

for me i listen to alot of TRAP music! the bass hits and i just step on the gas pedal a lot more harder!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #43
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrikG View Post
I mostly listen to stoner and true black metal. It sounds 10 times better on LP so I don't tune it in while I'm driving. Mostly listening to any radio station since I'm that kind of person who can listen to pretty much anything. My favorit radio station is P3, they play everything from Justin Bieber to Mayhem, and best of all... no commercial at all.
You don't hear of too many people listening to true black metal. Mainly because its all about burning churches down and killing priests.

The only black metal band i've ever listen to was Nunslaughter and after about 2 songs I had to shut them off, and im not even chirstian lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Metallica Pre-Black
Iced Earth
Slayer

Went much better with my last car, the black dark tinted Camaro SS with ground effects, but this sound system in the BMW is a little better, even if it doesn't go as loud.

Don't care much for the death-metal vocals like Lamb of God, got to have more melody and tone for me, but metal for sure. Going to Iron Maiden in April.

I will listen to other stuff, some alt, some classic rock, but the further it strays from metal the more selective I got about things I like and don't like, but there are still things I like far from the metal genre.

I was thinking about going to the Maiden concert since they are my favorite band but after how terrible they were a few years ago at the Maiden England Tour concert i went to i just dont think i can go through that again. I'll prob just stick with the vinyl

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #44
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW View Post

I was thinking about going to the Maiden concert since they are my favorite band but after how terrible they were a few years ago at the Maiden England Tour concert i went to i just dont think i can go through that again. I'll prob just stick with the vinyl
I went to two concerts relatively recently, one was very good, the other was ok. The reason I'm going now is that this might be their last. According to Eddie, it was to be the last album, but you can never be sure.
Appreciate 0