F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Need your honest feedback about BMWCCA
ARMA SPEED

11-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #23
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
I think the biggest deterrent is cost. It's certainly not a large sum of money, but as already mentioned most of the benefits of BMWCCA can be found elsewhere. In concert with a busy schedule, annual dues mean you could be paying for something you'll never have a chance to take advantage of.

If the annual fee were replaced by special event fees this wouldn't be an issue. I have gone to enthusiast meet ups that are free for regular gatherings. These do better with the younger crowd.

As for events, my interests are group rides, track days, group mod projects...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Here you go:

1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently?
Yes

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)?
SF Bay Area Chapter

3. If you are not a member, what was the reason for not joining?
N/A

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter?
Multiple.

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area?
They already do them.
Driving events.
Track days.
Autocross.
Monthly meetings.
Corral at Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway.

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level?
Hmmmmm....

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support?
Driver education.
Defensive driving.
Hmmm....

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects?
Discounts from vendors would be nice.
My local dealership typically discounts parts and labor for CCA members.

9. Open comment / suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #25
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently? Yes, since 2003

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)? Bayou Chapter, New Orleans

3. If you are not a member, what was the reason for not joining? N/A

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter? Yes as well as a two-day M school sponsored by BMWCCA

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area? More car meets. Have a good slate of friendly drives and tech sessions but could use more meets.

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level? Octoberfest usually too far away, a regular regional gathering of some sort...

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support? Continued driver education, teen driving school etc.

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects? Some sort of registry for parts suppliers would be helpful

Last edited by kscarrol; 11-04-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #26
davidwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328,325, 325, 335, X5, 640 GC

1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently? Yes

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)? Bluegrass Bimmers

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter? Yes

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area? Group drives

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level? Meets

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support? ?

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects? like the classified ads in the back of rondel?

11-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently? Yes

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)? New Jersey

3. If you are not a member, what was the reason for not joining? N/A

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter? Yes

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area? Happy with all activities currently offered.

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level? ///M Days at PDC at a more significant discount

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support? Additional driving events.

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects? That would be a nice added benefit.

9. Open comment / suggestion.[/QUOTE] Happy with my membership.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #28
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
To those who are not members here are some reasons to join:
Please keep the club recruitment off these post. This is not the time and place. I would request you edit your post to remove this please.

Bad taste.

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #29
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post

Yes

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)?

Los Angeles

N/A

Track events

Have a chapter in Orange County to start. A few cruises throughout the year

M Driving School as a group for a much discounted rate

For BMWCCA to promote our local car groups in Roundel and BMWCCA Website, perhaps a section dedicates to listings of local BMW related car groups. Ex.We have an exclusive car group in Orange County, OC///M Group and national exposure would be good

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects?

It seems that BMWCCA core members are older in age (50 +) and a lot of them drive older BMWs, nothing wrong with that as I myself like a lot of the Classic BMWs. And events BMWCCA put out are more gear toward that age group. But to attract younger crowds, we have to host events that are of their interests, like track/driving events, clinics etc.

Last edited by M3ZCP6MT; 11-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Edit
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #30
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

1. not anymore

2. no idea, just moved to sanford north carolina

3. did not get anything out of it

4. nope

5. autocross

6. no idea

7. autocross/drivers schools/get us on bmw test track/tours of factory

8. not sure what this means
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

1. No
2. Golden gate I believe.
3. Why. Don't like clubs. I just want to race and hang out with people without paying a fee.
4. No. Well, at a race which made me addicted after an instructor taking me out. So, I joined NASA.
5. Not sure. More races locally.
6. Same as above.
7. Not sure
8. No.
9. I don't see value in what I know the benefits are....at least for my needs.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #32
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

An annual membership should come with the purchase of a BMW. I kept my Sirius radio subscription when the trial period ran out. I had no intentions on ever getting sat radio prior.
      11-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #33
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

With great forums like this one and internet-based social media, I don't see car club memberships remaining relevant for much longer; what's keeping them alive for the time being are baby boomers...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #34
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently? Yes. 14 years

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)? Motor City

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter? Yes, many

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area? I like the drives. Also I've attended several track events at various tracks. I wish I had the time to do more that they offer. I've only been able to do one autoX event.

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level? I've been to O-Fest once. Had a great time. Really. The events, track days, autoX and entire event was very well done.

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support? As far as i'm concerned they're fine as is. I've used to rebate program 8 times, they have track days and several events in my area.

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects? They already help with discounts, but I'm also not really a project guy, I think the club is good for networking and often you can meet people

9. Open comment / suggestion. I know they have a reputation for being older but I joined in my early 30s and know many guys my age and younger who are active. As with any group, you only get what you give. There's nothing stopping younger members from organizing events for the club. My suggestion for those looking for more from their club is to get involved and make it happen. Just my two cents, and I'm in no way in a leadership position with BMWCCA.

I think the CCA serves it's purpose just fine. I don't need it to be like MFEST, MFEST is MFEST. CCA is CCA.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #35
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

All you people who quit, did you ever do the rebate program?
I know thow forums has a LOT more second owners now, but early on, it was all new owners. That's $500 for one car. I've done the rebate for 3 cars now, and will use it again in 1-2 years. THAT alone is worth the membership.

Roundel has some fresh blood in it, but I can't say they capture my attention all the time. It's still a cool magazine. They may want to team up with some tuners to follow some of their project cars. Imagine detailed write ups with pics of IND, EAS, AutoTalent or VAC builds? Street or show cars, track cars. Go do an article on the crazy GMG build. CCA tends to have a reputation for mainly focusing on older BMW's. The articles could be done over 3-4 months. People are going to the forums more, so why not team up with tuners big on the forums.

The track days are great, but CCA REALLY needs to get coverage for cars like convertibles, or lax the rules for instructor/student ratios. A group guys generally don't need an instructor (unless they're put there due to not enough instructors for the B group- yes it happens). The other options out there are literally half the price in Cali. Obvously, they don't offer anything close in terms of instructions, but people only care about how much an event costs.

I'm a lifer with the CCA, so I'm a big fan. I still think the rebates and track evens are the main points for the club. It would be great to have more track events, but they're pretty complicate with all the people involved. I can see why they only happen a few times a year.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #36
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

I joined because I like Roundel. Shame on me :/
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #37
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Yes

2. What is your regional club (if you dont know just say dont know)?
La chapter

Na

Hpde/autox

More hpde.....car control clinic as in skidpad, slide recovery, etc....not the teenage tirerack one

Na

Yes would be great to team up with various vendors on discounts

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #38
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

1. Yes. Lifetime member.

2. Los Angeles.

3. I'll tell you why I joined. I bought a Z3 1.9L, then about 2 weeks after buying the Z3 realized there's a $500 rebate on the car if I was a CCA member. Signed up the next day. The lifetime membership cost me $350, plus an associate (my wife), and have saved me over $3,500 in purchase rebates in the last 15 years.

4. I've attended the local chapter's board meetings (that's how I got roped into serving on the board, by the way), local meet and greets, chapter organized plant tours, clean car contests, holiday parties, auto crosses, and HPDEs across the region held by other chapters as well.

5. If it were up to me? Given our golden location as the capital of the car culture, more meet and greet with local BMW performance shops, tuners, and aftermarket manufacturers. As well as VPC tours (Port Hueneme, BMW's VPC for all West Coast distribution, as well as BMW's national parts warehouse, are located within our domain)

6. I would like to see more of what National did with Octoberfest's driving school. A week long school held at historical tracks all around the country, but separate from O'Fest. Get the surrounding area/region's chapter involved in collaborating and offer up the opportunity for more members to get involved in the marquee program the club offers, which is the driving schools.

7. Tire Rack Street Survival. Oh wait...

8. If BMW CCA can manage to coerce the advertisers in Roundel to offer a modest discount, like 10-15% on parts, for CCA members, that would go a very long way to entice some people to sign up just for the discount alone. Take Dinan for example. A 10% discount on Dinan exhaust or stage II suspension for an F-30 would be more than an annual due.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
1. Are you a BMWCCA member currently? Yes.

2. What is your regional club (if you don’t know just say don’t know)? Used to be Golden Gate, now Delaware Valley Chapter.

4. Have you attended any meeting or event with any BMW chapter? Track days.

5. What are activities you would like to see the BMW chapters do in your area? Day trips to interesting places.

6. What activities would you like to see on a national level? Octoberfest.

7. What type of programs would you like to see BMWCCA support? Street Survival, Club Racing, Heritage

8. Do you want BMWCCA to find ways to help enthusiasts with acquiring parts for projects? Yes.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #40
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I realized the way I worded question 8 was not thorough enough.

The question is would you like help with getting things for projects such a European parts or harder to find parts from BMW?

This is not for BMWCCA to become a parts vendor but to help select vendors acquire the parts for members.

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #41
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The question is would you like help with getting things for projects such a European parts or harder to find parts from BMW?

This is not for BMWCCA to become a parts vendor but to help select vendors acquire the parts for members.

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #42
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

1. Yes.

2. San Diego.

3. N/A

4. Yes.

5. SD has a lot of activities and they do a great job. More casual social get togethers and drives would be nice, though.

6. Pretty satisfied with national level events.

7. Continued support with the teen driver programs of course. Pretty satisfied here too.

8. Never really thought of this but for people with old and rare cars I guess it could be a great resource. Edit: The revision sounds very helpful too! All for it!
      11-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #44
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

The question is would you like help with getting things for projects such a European parts or harder to find parts from BMW? yes, especially euro only parts.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0