F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Getting the Blackberry Classic!
GetBMWParts

12-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #23
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
Looks like a good phone, I'll probably get one at some point when the time comes to replace my current Q10.
I was just going to comment - How is this different from the Q10? Isn't it just essentially the "next gen"? Q10 runs on BB OS10 as well.

I, too, used to be a die-hard fan of BB and refused to change to iOS or Android, but the Classic doesn't seem to be as ground breaking as OP made it out to be - It's just a Q10 with upgraded resolution and processor.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #24
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

i am a die hard BB user. i have 4 9900's. 2 burnt out, my current one is in rough shape and i have a 4th as a back up... when i've gone through them i will be stocking up on Classics.

i hope they get enough share to stay around but not enough to see them everywhere

it always brings a smile to my face seeing people brag about their iphones or android devices... BB has had it's drawbacks but hopefully they are mostly caught up with this one. don't need all the apps and gadgets that everyone has on their iphones that they never use.
      12-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #25
toughluck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx
i am a die hard BB user. i have 4 9900's. 2 burnt out, my current one is in rough shape and i have a 4th as a back up... when i've gone through them i will be stocking up on Classics.

i hope they get enough share to stay around but not enough to see them everywhere

it always brings a smile to my face seeing people brag about their iphones or android devices... BB has had it's drawbacks but hopefully they are mostly caught up with this one. don't need all the apps and gadgets that everyone has on their iphones that they never use.
It is not bragging when something (iOS and Android) revolutionizes how people and children work and interact remotely. Symbolically BB is re-releasing the steam locomotive when everyone else is discussing outer space.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #26
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I was once a diehard Blackberry fan from back in my IT Admin days. It was such a rock solid and reliable service! In fact... Lookie what I still have :

Just in case I'm feeling nostalgic. Still in mint condition! Blackberry BOLD
I'll see your Bold and raise you a 7250. (wish I had held on to my 850)
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #27
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughluck View Post
It is not bragging when something (iOS and Android) revolutionizes how people and children work and interact remotely. Symbolically BB is re-releasing the steam locomotive when everyone else is discussing outer space.
Let me ask again... Have you used the latest Blackberry devices?

What is so old about BB devices that makes it look like a Locomotive?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
I was just going to comment - How is this different from the Q10? Isn't it just essentially the "next gen"? Q10 runs on BB OS10 as well.

I, too, used to be a die-hard fan of BB and refused to change to iOS or Android, but the Classic doesn't seem to be as ground breaking as OP made it out to be - It's just a Q10 with upgraded resolution and processor.
Very important question! When John Chen introduced the Classic he made sure to note that his intention is to migrate legacy users from BBOS7 to BB10 in a friendly and seamless way, mainly because companies don't want IT departments spending resources in training. The main difference between the Q10 and Classic is the tool belt, it behaves very similar to the one in the 9900.

John Chen wants to get rid of BBos7 and focus on BB10.

My intention was not to make it sound like groundbreaking and I apologize if i wasn't clear. I'm very excited to have a phone that will go a whole day on a single charge, a very reliable hardware and the security of BES.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #29
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

All this talk of old phones reminds me of this gem.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #30
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I'll see your Bold and raise you a 7250. (wish I had held on to my 850)
Haha! #oldschool
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #31
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughluck View Post
It is not bragging when something (iOS and Android) revolutionizes how people and children work and interact remotely.
BB did that first. The others simply improved on it. BB is not a viable consumer device. most people are not heavy e-mail users, do not need the added security and focus more on media and games on their phones.

I admit for non-business use the iphone / android are far superior devices. I've used an Iphone 5s recently for work for a week and a bit... couldnt wait to get back to my BB but also realized where the BB was lacking. I had a Q10 but got rid of it... brought in much of the iphone-esque stuff but departed too much from what i wanted in the 9900.

Some of the updates to the Q10 remedied many of my complaints but the lack of a track belt made is not worth 'upgrading'. Can't wait to get my hands on the Classic... and hopefully they don't wait too long for Porsche Design to beef up the Classic.

It'll be nice to spend way too much $$$ on an apparently inferior device to throw it in the face of the critics
      12-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #32
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA View Post
Very important question! When John Chen introduced the Classic he made sure to note that his intention is to migrate legacy users from BBOS7 to BB10 in a friendly and seamless way, mainly because companies don't want IT departments spending resources in training.
Here's the honest objective response to that from an IT department that supports thousands of mobile users worldwide. We already migrated to iOS and Android when BB was dying that migration won't happen again, not to mention the re-engineering of apps to support the mobile users and secondly since we hire people in sales and marketing straight out of college finding them with BB skills versus iOS or Android for social media is dificult. Too late.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #33
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Soon as I heard RIM owner Jim Balsillie was trying to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins to move them to Hamilton.
That will never happen, the Board of Governors will not allow him in the club as a majority owner for who knows what reasons. Maybe his strong armed tactics to get an NHL franchise rubbed many the wrong way.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #34
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
have you use the latest Blackberry phones?
People will not proactively look at alternatives unless there is something lacking with their current product. There is nothing missing on my iPhone 5S that would make me look at Android or a Windows Phone for example.
This is true. I was bored with apples lack of innovation and IOS, so I switched over to Android and never looked back.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #35
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Here's the honest objective response to that from an IT department that supports thousands of mobile users worldwide. We already migrated to iOS and Android when BB was dying that migration won't happen again, not to mention the re-engineering of apps to support the mobile users and secondly since we hire people in sales and marketing straight out of college finding them with BB skills versus iOS or Android for social media is dificult. Too late.
How big is your firm compared to the millions of BB phones issued by Federal Governments around the world?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #36
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
People will not proactively look at alternatives unless there is something lacking with their current product. There is nothing missing on my iPhone 5S that would make me look at Android or a Windows Phone for example.
Answer my question.... Have you used the latest Blackberry phones?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #37
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
This is true. I was bored with apples lack of innovation and IOS, so I switched over to Android and never looked back.
I suffered the same issue, to me IOS was plainly embarrassing and unproductive, very immature and "bubble gummy".

What's next for IOS?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #38
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Answer my question.... Have you used the latest Blackberry phones?
There is no need to be rude to me. But no, I have not used the latest Blackberry phones.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #39
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
How big is your firm compared to the millions of BB phones issued by Federal Governments around the world?
You know who's usually really cutting edge and gets a ton of actual work done? It sure isn't federal governments. There are lots of people I look up to but you picked the one sample audience that I can't think of a single role model with.

Do you work for RIM?

I suppose I should get off this forum and go shop black Suburbans too?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #40
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
There is no need to be rude to me. But no, I have not used the latest Blackberry phones.
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude... I just needed an answer. So how do you know Blackberry sucks? or it is old?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #41
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You know who's usually really cutting edge and gets a ton of actual work done? It sure isn't federal governments. There are lots of people I look up to but you picked the one sample audience that I can't think of a single role model with.

Do you work for RIM?

I suppose I should get off this forum and go shop black Suburbans too?
Nah, I don't work for RIM and not the one who shops for Suburbans. Government laziness is not because of the lack of resources, I'm sure we can both agree on that. I'm also sure you understood what I meant with my comment.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #42
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Quote:
Blackberry phones are for people with things to do, not for people looking for things to do...

The new BB10 operating system can give iOS and Android and run for their money...
This is a joke right ?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #43
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude... I just needed an answer. So how do you know Blackberry sucks? or it is old?
I don't want to answer for P1et, but from my experience, I've had so many issues with Windows Mobile in the past...that I don't want to try them again. Same for RIM, I had so many issues with the BB Storm...I'm not willing to go back. Android works - I like it - why switch now.

If it's any help - I bought a Mazdaspeed 6 as my first Japanese car. I had so many issues with it, not only will I never buy a Mazda again - I'll never buy a Japanese car again. Is it wrong of me to think like this, probably...but my mind is made up. It's just the way people are.
      12-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #44
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbimmer View Post
This is a joke right ?
Prove me wrong... Tell me something IOS or android can do that BB10 cannot.
Appreciate 0