BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Thumbs up JBSPEED Carbon Fiber Grilles Install(With Pics)!

Herro : ) Today we are going to install the carbon fiber grilles from JBSPEED. The outside of the grille is CF while the inside is abs plastic similar to the 128i. I was going to paint it glossy black, but after the install its hard to see unless you are really close so I don't think I will paint it : ). Aside from the fact that I do not know how to paint, I do not want to worry about the paint chipping later on, etc.

Installation:

Installation was quite simple. I followed the DIY from the top of this forum. I found it easier to do the top 3 clips, then the bottom 2 came out super ez. I barely had to use my right angle tool on the bottom ones, they just poped out after doing the top 3.

At first, it took me like 15 minutes to figure out what was going on. I highly suggest you "practice" on your new grilles and understand how they work. After I did that, I knew what I was doing and got it done in 15 more minutes.

I suggest you take the time to clean that area. Mine was super dirty from removing the grilles. It look like I had sand or something where my grille is.

Dirty

Clean

Packaging: The grilles came in a plastic bag, and each were in a 1/2 box with paper stuffed inbetween, and then all of that came in a box.

Shipping: Once again, shipping was super super fast. Took 4 days to come in from Taiwan.

Quality: Perfect CF weave. A lot better then my CF spoiler. Everything was perfect, even the edges where I have seen a lot of CF products fail. This was good all throughout.

Fitment: Fitment is perfect. it is the exact same size as OEM. No problems whatsoever. Looks like a carbon copy of the OEM but in CF instead

Overall 5/5. While the price is a bit high, especially compared to the CF spoiler, you do get a fantastic product with no faults. Everything about it was as expected. Good job JBSPEED.
      01-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Catching up on the mods Kirby!

They look great! Can't wait to see some pics of the whole car with your new mods.
      01-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Catching up on the mods Kirby!

They look great! Can't wait to see some pics of the whole car with your new mods.
haha lets just say santa was good to me this year xD. now i just need rims hehe
      01-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
haha lets just say santa was good to me this year xD. now i just need rims hehe
Nice! Do you run on the stock 17's? I upgraded my stock 17's to the Alufelgen CS7 18's and boy did it break the bank! (Rims and Tires) such an expensive upgrade, but it changes the entire look of the car!

I have a nice mod coming up that is on order that will 'probably' be my last upgrade...
      01-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Do you run on the stock 17's? I upgraded my stock 17's to the Alufelgen CS7 18's and boy did it break the bank! (Rims and Tires) such an expensive upgrade, but it changes the entire look of the car!

I have a nice mod coming up that is on order that will 'probably' be my last upgrade...
yup. stock sport rims. Rims would probably the last mod I do to my car aside from an AA tune. At that point I would just want to save $$ for a future bmw : ).

Ya, thats the problems with rims. We have 17 inch, and to upgrade to 18 we gotta get new tires as well. I probably wont get those until next Christmas xD.
      01-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
yup. stock sport rims. Rims would probably the last mod I do to my car aside from an AA tune. At that point I would just want to save $$ for a future bmw : ).

Ya, thats the problems with rims. We have 17 inch, and to upgrade to 18 we gotta get new tires as well. I probably wont get those until next Christmas xD.
Exactly. Ill try and throw up some pics after I get my new "butt" installed on my car. Im going 135!
      01-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. Ill try and throw up some pics after I get my new "butt" installed on my car. Im going 135!
legit : ). very envious that you have a diffuser xD
      01-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Mister RK
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Pretty much in the same situation as you Kirby ... I'll post some pics as soon as I install my parts.
Appreciate 0