F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > PSA: Run Flat Tires - Road Hazard Policy from Pirelli
Extreme Powerhouse

05-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #23
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antyman View Post
Hi all,

I have the run flats and had a flat yesterday. Took my 328i to Shelly BMW at Buena Park (in CA). Asked them about the Pirelli warranty and they feigned ignorance. I ended up paying the $320.

Anyone have experience with this? Any chance I can get reimbursed? I plan on bringing them a printed copy of the warranty tomorrow and seeing how it goes from there.
I brought the bulletin to my SA at Maranello BMW in Vaughan and he was able to coordinate with Pirelli to get the warranty process started. Either way, you would have to pay for the tire first and once they get reimbursed, they will credit you back the amount. Pirelli will have someone pick up the damaged tire and review the case. If you're within 2/32s of tread, you will get reimbursed for the full amount otherwise it will be prorated on the retail cost of the tire that you paid to the dealership and this does not include mounting and balancing fees.

If they're still not cooperative after giving them the bulletin, I'd call BMW North America.

I had to fork out $480 for mine. You guys have it good in the US.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #24
antyman
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
I brought the bulletin to my SA at Maranello BMW in Vaughan and he was able to coordinate with Pirelli to get the warranty process started. Either way, you would have to pay for the tire first and once they get reimbursed, they will credit you back the amount. Pirelli will have someone pick up the damaged tire and review the case. If you're within 2/32s of tread, you will get reimbursed for the full amount otherwise it will be prorated on the retail cost of the tire that you paid to the dealership and this does not include mounting and balancing fees.

If they're still not cooperative after giving them the bulletin, I'd call BMW North America.

I had to fork out $480 for mine. You guys have it good in the US.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully Shelly BMW will be cooperative.

$480? ouch
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
antyman
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Update: Shelly BMW is telling me that I need to contact Pirelli and process the warranty myself, that they do nothing on their end.

Top notch service.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antyman View Post
Update: Shelly BMW is telling me that I need to contact Pirelli and process the warranty myself, that they do nothing on their end.

Top notch service.
You're not alone. I mentioned earlier that I went to Maranello BMW back in March and dropped off the damaged tire and they advised me that they would take care of the warranty for me.

One month down the road, I really needed my rim back since it was time to put my all season tires back on and they mentioned that they have not heard back from Pirelli and the only way for me get the tire now is to pay $480 which I did; they mentioned that they will let me know once they get the approval from Pirelli.

Another month down the road, I simply asked for the Pirelli case number so that can I follow up on my own and they seemed to have lost it.

Pirelli as of right now cannot provide any information to me at this time without the case number and they mentioned that it shouldn't take more than a month for a claim to be approved.

I think I might be a loss now after paying $480 to replace one tire and having no claim to the warranty. For all I know, they probably now made $900 off selling me a tire if they ate the warranty reimbursement as well.

If I knew better, I should have just bought a replacement tire in the US for 1/4 of the price I paid.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
You're not alone. I mentioned earlier that I went to Maranello BMW back in March and dropped off the damaged tire and they advised me that they would take care of the warranty for me.

One month down the road, I really needed my rim back since it was time to put my all season tires back on and they mentioned that they have not heard back from Pirelli and the only way for me get the tire now is to pay $480 which I did; they mentioned that they will let me know once they get the approval from Pirelli.

Another month down the road, I simply asked for the Pirelli case number so that can I follow up on my own and they seemed to have lost it.

Pirelli as of right now cannot provide any information to me at this time without the case number and they mentioned that it shouldn't take more than a month for a claim to be approved.

I think I might be a loss now after paying $480 to replace one tire and having no claim to the warranty. For all I know, they probably now made $900 off selling me a tire if they ate the warranty reimbursement as well.

If I knew better, I should have just bought a replacement tire in the US for 1/4 of the price I paid.

That really sucks...

Let us know how it works out. Also, make sure you call BMW Customer Care and log an official complaint.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #28
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
That really sucks...

Let us know how it works out. Also, make sure you call BMW Customer Care and log an official complaint.
Looks like I am dead in the water right now since BMW Customer care mentioned me to that they cannot intervene in this case since they do not deal with manufacturer warranties.

They gave me the service manager's contact information so I can speak with him directly but I don't think that will really get me anywhere since I'm dealing with a single dealership and sometimes these guys could care less about losing one person's business.

I called Pirelli Canada and they helped me go through all their return inventory and they weren't able to find a case that came from Maranello matching my tire size and VIN so it's possible that they may not have even filed the claim for me in the first place.
Appreciate 0