E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilover question for pre-lci e90 sedan

10-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
SincereMD
Registered
Rep
Drives: Two Pre-LCI E90 sedans 06 & 07

Lightbulb Coilover question for pre-lci e90 sedan

I have 2 e90 sedans: 06 silver 325i and 07 platinum bronze 328i...
I am looking to do some upgrading. But first let me say this
I like 19 and 20 inch rims so if you don't then this is not for you
I have read and thoroughly understand your point of view on many forums.
I "AM" going to run one of the two. I will never track these so track performance
Is not a concern. Comfort and looks with adjustability being a plus.
Here's what I need help with:
Since I am going to run such an aggressive wheel fit, I want a coilovers that will be sturdy enough to handle it but will not lower the car. Well not too much. I'm not a slammer, but I am a bit of a stancer. Know that I will be doing BBK's front and rear as well. What are your recommdations on coilovers and does anyone have pics. This is more for personalization to make them uniquely mine. (His and Hers). I will save up price wise for whatever works good but no $5k systems. Since they are mainly for comfort and looks, will cheaper coils be sufficient? Looking for informed assistance. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
The TCKline single adjustable coilovers are a forum favorite. They run about $2100. If you're looking for mainly just height adjustability, then you can take a look at the ST coilovers.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
SincereMD
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
The TCKline single adjustable coilovers are a forum favorite. They run about $2100. If you're looking for mainly just height adjustability, then you can take a look at the ST coilovers.
I've never heard of TCKline, I will look into that, thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #4
pj.rodriguez
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Yeah do a quick search. You won't be disappointed with what you find in terms of reviews.
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / Bilstein B8 / H&R Springs / Dinan Fixed Camber Plates / BMW 335i Front Brakes / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust / Stubby BMW Antenna
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
johnkjos
'08 335i E90 Sedan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Sedan

I have a similar interest and have looked into this a bit. I have a Dinan certified car so Dinan is my primary source of information. When looking at their coilovers they told me that many coilovers result in harsh ride quality and suggested just using their spring set that results in about a 1/2" drop. I would carefully review spring rates before deciding on what to buy.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #6
SincereMD
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkjos View Post
I have a similar interest and have looked into this a bit. I have a Dinan certified car so Dinan is my primary source of information. When looking at their coilovers they told me that many coilovers result in harsh ride quality and suggested just using their spring set that results in about a 1/2" drop. I would carefully review spring rates before deciding on what to buy.
Good information, I will check that definitely. I plan on installing Hotchkis anti sway bars to keep the roll and bounce in check
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

ohlins, case closed.
Appreciate 0