XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
iMore
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 E70 3.0si Premium

Exclamation New E70 Owner - Questions!

Hello X5 World!

Always loved/wanted an X5, and now with the birth of my first child, had a legit excuse to purchase one! (Had to trade in my 10 month old Camaro RS )

Anyhow, had to setlle for the 3.5, 2009 - Pre LCI, but it has all the options. (had to go the economical/family car route) Immaculate and low miles. I'm very satisfied thus far! Can't wait to give it my own personal touches!

Now, the reason I'm here:

Had the X5 for two weeks now, and noticed two different (minor) issues -

1. Drivers Side fog light automatically turns on with auto headlights. JUST the one single fog light turns on. Its intermittent, but I'd say a good 80-90% of times the lights go on, this happens. When actually activating the fog lights via the fog light button, the second one turns on and functions properly, but when I turn them back off, the driver side still remains lit! Drives me bananas!
...has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Rear lift gate tail light/led strips are out (driver side) ...did some research, reviewed a few threads. Apparently this is somewhat common. Any suggestions/tips on how to resolve this one?

Pretty upset the dealership sold me the vehicle like this (I'm in CA) ...AND, luckily, I purchased the extended warranty. But before I take that route and have to deal with all that BS, just wondering if maybe there were some quick simple fixes that I can just attempt in my own garage?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

#1 is a feature.. at low speeds while turning the fog light will turn on briefly to illuminate the corners where you are turning into.

#2 I have no answers.

Congrats and Good luck on your X5!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Garage List
Welcome, and yes i agree with KZang about #1. It's a feature that can be controlled by the iDrive or through the signal stalk.

The second issue should be handled by the dealer... You just bought the car and if it's under the 50K mile mark they will take care of it no questions asked.

Congrats and good luck man
      11-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
iMore
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Wow... had no idea about the cornering feature! Pretty cool i guess...

I'll just have to take it to the dealership to get my LED strips taken care of.

You guys are awesome... thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
iMore
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

So... apparently the tail light issue is NOT covered. I'm just past the 50k mile mark, and even though i purchased the extended warranty, they won't cover it.

Any suggestions on how I can get this fixed? Am i better off taking the hit and paying the price at the stealership?
Appreciate 0