F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Bittersweet goodbye to a TRULY special car
Extreme Powerhouse

03-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Bittersweet goodbye to a TRULY special car

Inherited a 1995 540i M-sport from my dad. 59k miles, ALMOST cherry condition, but gotta say goodbye. Now, I'm selling it - already have a buyer, working out delivery/pickup details, but this is TRULY a special car and when it leaves, so goes a little bit of dad, a truly special man who I miss more than I can express. But I will use the proceeds well, and I know it is going to a good home.

Anyhow, don't know why I'm posting this. Maybe a little catharsis. To you young kids out there - enjoy the time you have with your father. Find some common ground and treasure every second of it. The years I wasted as a teen hating my father were just that - a waste. But maybe it helped me appreciate the good years all that much more. He died in a car accident.

Life it short, kids. drive safe unless you're on a track. in which case, drive it like you stole it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
Inherited a 1995 540i M-sport from my dad. 59k miles, ALMOST cherry condition, but gotta say goodbye. Now, I'm selling it - already have a buyer, working out delivery/pickup details, but this is TRULY a special car and when it leaves, so goes a little bit of dad, a truly special man who I miss more than I can express. But I will use the proceeds well, and I know it is going to a good home.

Anyhow, don't know why I'm posting this. Maybe a little catharsis. To you young kids out there - enjoy the time you have with your father. Find some common ground and treasure every second of it. The years I wasted as a teen hating my father were just that - a waste. But maybe it helped me appreciate the good years all that much more. He died in a car accident.

Life it short, kids. drive safe unless you're on a track. in which case, drive it like you stole it.
Well said my friend. When I was a teen, I thought I was smarter than my father and couldn't wait to get away from him. Now that I'm a lot older, I wish I had spent the time to listen to him and learn the things he was trying to teach me. I'm sorry to hear about your father, but I'm here for you.

Good Luck with your sale and keep your chin up.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

very emotional storie.Thanks to share, i am sure your father love you from the sky.
Appreciate 0