E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Logic 7 iDrive, no iPod - Aux in noise

06-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
rbsileighty
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E61 535ixT 6MT

E90 Logic 7 iDrive, no iPod - Aux in noise

I have a 07 335i with iDrive and the Logic 7 system. It does not have the iPod option so only an aux in connection. Here is my issue:

When plugged in Aux with any device, there is a lot of intermittent noise coming through (static/noise, like turning the knob on an old radio and that high pitch tuning sound between channels... similar to the one at the beginning of "I wish I was a little bit taller")

I have used a ground loop isolator from a reputable company and it works pretty well but it cuts out low freq (bass), and that was confirmed when I fed it a static low signal and watched it on an oscilloscope

Any ideas on how to fix this and keep my bass? I know non-iDrive people can adj the input volume but I can't find such an option for iDrive, but I'm sure that doesn't mean it's not there.

Thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0