E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Exotics Tuning [Gordon & Ken] - Amazing Service !

03-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
mike5809
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]

Garage List
Talking Exotics Tuning [Gordon & Ken] - Amazing Service !

Hello All! I wanted to provide you with insights around my experience with Exotics Tuning. In case you do not read this all I want to first say Exotics Tuning is by far the best company to deal with – unparalleled customer service! Gordon and Ken are the best!

On to my experience -

Purchase / Packaging / Shipping:
After a few initial emails where Gordon provided very detailed information and made sure this was the right item for me I purchased a e-92 programm Carbon Fiber lip for my LCI M-Sport Coupe. I placed the order on March 4th and Gordon had it shipped on March 5th! The item was delivered on March 8th (shipment from CA to PA). The box which contained the lip was massive – it was very thick, incredibly sturdy, and had markings to not leave in rain/fragile. The lip was wrapped in a ton of bubble wrap and highly protected. It was extremely evident that this was packaged with great care. The lip even came with a folder of information and a lanyard (it’s the little things)! I have been purchasing parts for a while and this was one of the best packaged products I have seen in a while.

Quality / Fitment: The quality of the Carbon Fiber was amazing – the lip has many curves/bends and the CF looked amazing. The lip itself was very thick and sturdy and would seem to hold up very well. I have purchased a few lips in the past and this one is certainly the highest quality I have seen, both with the Carbon Fiber and construction. I had a few friends over and we installed the lip – at first the fitment was a bit off as there was a gap in the front. I emailed Gordon to let him know of the issue and was somewhat expecting excuses for the gap (or blame on installation) but this is where the amazing customer service begins. Jumping to the end result, the lip looks great on my vehicle – I have already had many compliments on the look of the car (picture below after initial install).

Customer Service: At the beginning, Gordon did an amazing job answering my questions, providing input on the product, and making me aware of everything. He was extremely attentive by answering all emails within 24 hours and providing incredibly fast shipping. He must have sent a dozen or more emails before I purchased the lip.

After I contacted Gordon about the small gap he must have sent another dozen emails with suggestions, ideas, and ways to rectify the issue. He was extremely patient with me while I tried a few different resolutions. His tone was always caring and professional – it really seemed like he cared that I was having some small issues. At this time he also brought Ken in to provide input and advice. Both Ken and Gordon sent additional emails to rectify the issue. They both were always extremely prompt and not once made excuses. Their highest priority was to make me a happy customer – a trait you don’t find often in any business, let alone when dealing custom body parts. While they stood by their product 100% (I could see why due to the quality) they took complete ownership of the issue. Ken provided a few different options and resolutions to ensure that I was a happy customer. I did take him up on one of his offers and needless to say I am an extremely happy consumer.

Advice: Do business with Exotics Tuning! Product quality is top notch – the product looks fantastic! To make things even better, this experience was one of the best I have had due to their customer service and issue resolution process. With Exotics Tuning, the customer definitely comes first!

'11 335i M-Sport xDrive Coupe [LMB] COBB V3 & PTF Tune | E45 |4in BERK DP | VRSF 5in FMIC | BMS Intake | ER CP | Exotics Tuning CF Lip | CF Diffuser | Eibach Springs | Bilstein Shocks
'07 BMW 335i Coupe & BMW Z4 3.0i - Gone

Last edited by mike5809; 03-28-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Thank you for the kind words! The lip looks great on your car I hope you enjoy it for the years to come! Our customers always come first, it is what drives us to serve the community better!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Looks great. What did this cost you?
      03-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
mike5809
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeinBMW View Post
Well my wife got it for me as a gift so "nothing" ... but it was $580 shipped I believe.

And when you get married gifts still come out of your own bank account...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5809
Quote:
Well my wife got it for me as a gift so "nothing" ... but it was $580 shipped I believe.

And when you get married gifts still come out of your own bank account...
Lol Haha tell me about it. Your car looks really good! Very similar to mine
      03-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Your car will look awesome with our lip!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #7
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon@exoticstuning
Quote:
Your car will look awesome with our lip!
Oh I know lol. Shipping and duty will kill it for me since I'm up in the great north (Canada)
      03-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Oh I know lol. Shipping and duty will kill it for me since I'm up in the great north (Canada)
Could always try to do something to make it work out for you
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
E92Carla
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E92

great review, I've been shopping around for a lip and this definitely makes me more interested in dealing with them….. for some reason though I can't see pictures on their website car looks amazing btw !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Carla View Post
great review, I've been shopping around for a lip and this definitely makes me more interested in dealing with them….. for some reason though I can't see pictures on their website car looks amazing btw !!!
Our website was hacked awhile back, we didn't have a back-up so it's been down for quite a while. We have photos posted here.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926791
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

Do you guys have any other lipps available? I like this one, but dont like how it goes up into the foglight area and you lose the shape of the msport bumper....the quality looks amazing, let me know...

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #12
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
Do you guys have any other lipps available? I like this one, but dont like how it goes up into the foglight area and you lose the shape of the msport bumper....the quality looks amazing, let me know...

thanks
Sorry we only have the one for the E92, we also have an E90 lip.

Currently we are producing new products for the F80 M3 / M4.
Appreciate 0