BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Dealer Service in Toronto that does not suck?

I just got back from spending a day trying to get warrantee issues dealt with at BMW Toronto. I am pretty sure I won't be returning. It was pretty simple, my drivers side seat belt does not retract. On the up side it gives the car a 4 point harness racing feel, on the down side if you forget to tuck it in beside the seat, the door closes on it. There were a couple of other things wrong, the ipod adapter thing only worked in mono, and the little tab on the cup holder flew out and hit me in the forehead on the 4th day I had the car. I also mentioned the ticking / valve noise the engine makes when cold.

I called the dealership last week and explained what my issues were, and that I lived two hours away, and I would really appreciate a loaner car, they said fine. I arrived on time for my appointment. I know they wash cars there, so I asked the service person if the wash had brushes, she said, that it was a no touch wash, cause if it was a brush wash, I was not interested and I would rather they did not bother. I figured an oil change was not a bad idea, maybe it would address the ticking issue.

So, drop the car off at 10, by 10:45 I was in line for my loaner car listening to the banker / lawyer dude in front of me asking all kinds of idiotic questions about tickets and the 407 and what color is the sky, like STF up already… Anyway I'm next in line and the rental guy says, hmm we are out of cars, we are getting some more in shortly, mmkay so no car for me, as I have an appointment in 15 minutes, and I doubt Mr Mackey can pull anything together in a reasonable amount of time, so today TTC does not mean Take The Car.

So they call me at 3:30 to tell me that the seat belts are not in stock, but they were able to find a new cable in the 4 hours they had the car. I returned to find my front license plate bent like a taco, from the touchless car wash, the one with the brushes. I took my cupholder to the parts guy, and to his credit they did not have another in stock, so he gave me one out of the demo.

Basically the message I get from this dealership is that my time is not all that important to them, my arrival and issues seemed to be a surprise, …who are you? …why are you here? …what do you need? …ohhh, hmmm lets see, no we can't do that today, come back tomorrow.

Has anyone had good experiences with dealers in or around Toronto that are not ass hats? Durham is closer to me, what about them? Any input would be appreciated.

B
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Holy crap that's shit bro

2 other locations that suck ass are the autohaus near yonge/bathrust and kennedy/407 town country.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Trowa
Jack Bauer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive, 2016 S1000RR

Durham is good.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

I have had luck with T&C but then I have dealt with the same SA for the past several years (MC and then now 135i)... I heard from my colleague that Parkview (Leslie & Eglinton) is good too
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

go to parkview, its at leslie and englinton i think...
my dad purchased his car from there, and sales people and service staff on their own are enough of a reason to switch. The owner of the dealership is such a nice guy!
If you are going all the way to bmw toronto, parkview is not too far imo, maybe another 10 min drive. Just take the eglington exit on the dvp and its a 3-4 min drive from there.

Also, i have the same valve ticking noise when the car is cold i asked them to fix it at T&C and they said " we cant replicate the problem"

sigh
      02-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
I have had luck with T&C but then I have dealt with the same SA for the past several years (MC and then now 135i)... I heard from my colleague that Parkview (Leslie & Eglinton) is good too
care to PM me the rep u are using at T&C?
      02-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammadz View Post
care to PM me the rep u are using at T&C?
Same.. since I bought my car there however my buddy had some bad experiences lol.. I am waiting till spring to go in and get my brakes changed for free since I have that option but don't want any hassle lol..

I go to BMW sauga.. its out of the way for me however the rep I deal with there was recommended by Untouchable and shes awesome..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

T&C is a joke. Parkview is reasonable but its sad when a person like myself knows more about BMWs then they do. I had to educate their parts group about BMW performance, its was pretty sad. Its a total crap shoot.
      02-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
EngPhys09
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i SRM

I've have excellent experience with Toronto and Durham. All-be-it I had some initial issue on delivery but they took care of it.

Also, Budds in Hamilton was good. Except they don't even offer you a loaner, you need to get a rental.
      02-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
128III
Rep
Drives: 128I '09

I had the same experiance with Toronto BMW it was like I didn't have a 5 series so they didn't want to talk to me so I went to Parkview and they were happy to service me. But now I go to BMW Hamilton/Oakville and I still have great service but they don't have car rentals there but the shuttle service is fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
135Bling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Man i live right behind T&C so that means I will have to bring my car to get it serviced there, just too close lol...If anyone has a good contact there please pm me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
babu88
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 28i

I had bad experience at Durham. I had to take my car there 5 times to fix a warranty issue. And the 5th time. They test drove my car and used up more then 100km of gas. I only had 10km of gas left when I pick up the car, which they never told me. The funny thing is they ding me for not filling up there loaner.. I should of bill them back for my car.
      02-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

Service

Give Maranello BMW a try at Weston and hwy 7. When I lived in the GTA that is where we got our Mini serviced. I dealt with T&C, and BMW Toronto and neither was worth wasting any time complaining about.

From talking to the service manager at Maranello BMW the difference is that BMW Toronto, and BMW Durham are both corporate locations so they seem to treat you "differently", additionally several other dealerships compensate their service techs by the job where as Maranello compensates theirs on an hourly basis. I have always had goo dluck with them, and you can waste some time looking at their Ferrari dealership across the way while waiting for your ride.

TJ
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
untouchableE82
1Addict, and Proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 modified 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
yea bmw toronto doesnt seem to be very good with service. and no matter how much you explain to them they always come back and say nothing is wrong with it. or they are out of stock .
bmw mississauga is good, you can speak to tanya there. tell here i sent you and she will take care of you. she always makes sure to give you the best service and find a solution to your problem quickly. open road is good as well. i went there for a few things and they seem to get it done quickly too. and the sat down and listened to my problem with the headlights they didnt just go in and check to see if it was okay.
the new look: Widebody 135i
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...98#post7686798
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm129 View Post
Give Maranello BMW a try at Weston and hwy 7. When I lived in the GTA that is where we got our Mini serviced. I dealt with T&C, and BMW Toronto and neither was worth wasting any time complaining about.

From talking to the service manager at Maranello BMW the difference is that BMW Toronto, and BMW Durham are both corporate locations so they seem to treat you "differently", additionally several other dealerships compensate their service techs by the job where as Maranello compensates theirs on an hourly basis. I have always had goo dluck with them, and you can waste some time looking at their Ferrari dealership across the way while waiting for your ride.

TJ
I'm pretty sure that BMW doesn't actually have any "corporate" dealerships like MB. BMW Toronto is owned by Quinn Automotive Group who also own Parkview BMW, BMW Waterloo, Toronto Motorrad, Mini Downtown and Mini Waterloo...
      04-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Yea, Quinn has actually improved service at BMW Toronto. It was awful and corporate before.

As someone said, it's a crapshoot. I've had good and bad experiences at Parkview, where I bought, and at BMW Toronto, which I live closer to. But trust me when I tell you that either dealership is way better than they used to be. Unfortunately, service is about making money, not about building the BMW brand after purchase, and so you have to firm about your time and expectations. It also helps to know someone.
Appreciate 0