F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > GTR Survey for USC
ARMA SPEED

04-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #67
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinded View Post

The same can be said for a great many BMW owners. And Porsche owners, Mercedes owners, Honda owners, etc., etc. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary about GTR owners around here.
Things are a bit different on the west coast. This area is very "suit & tie" and most are being driven by those types or their spouses. Those guys LOVE Porsches and Mercedes. I see such a comparatively small number of GTRs so they stick out a bit more.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #68
blinded
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Things are a bit different on the west coast. This area is very "suit & tie" and most are being driven by those types or their spouses. Those guys LOVE Porsches and Mercedes. I see such a comparatively small number of GTRs so they stick out a bit more.
Fair enough. That thumbs down wasn't for you by the way, in case you weren't sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #69
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinded View Post
Fair enough. That thumbs down wasn't for you by the way, in case you weren't sure.
I know, I meant to remove that from the quote.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #70
boostfiend
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Just completed the survey. In my opinion, even though GTR breaks all speed records tuned/stock and they are formidable on the track, there is something missing ..je ne sais quoi.. i can't say what but it there is something missing.

Interior is just plain awful. bland and i reckon there will be more like me that want to be blown away for spending 100k. Hard to argue for bang for the buck with GTR but and there is a but
The E60s M5 at MSRP really didn't have the interior of a 80k+ car neither do many cars for their price every mercedes has the same interior even including a SL63 amg compared to a lowly C class with sport package. Interiors are almost every car are utterly sub par I really don't think it's a huge selling point. For example sit in any exotic pre 2010 they're are all hideous interior for a car of their price. You are buying a 250k+ exotic you still have too spend 20-30k extra on worthy interior and pick your finishes/stitching of your choice. Even now a days diamond stitching alone on almost any car is 6-7K package at least.

People give the GTR lots of crap for having a launch control that voids warranty... BMW did the exact same thing with the E46 M3 at first it was 10 launches no warranty then they changed it to 20. Even 911s have the same warranty on their PDKs you can use launch control at every light and think they will cover your warranty on a trans won't happen ever unless you know the owner of the dealer.
Appreciate 0