F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > '13 335i Mineral Grey M-Sport
ARMA SPEED

02-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #133
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
Hey MadZarBMR... Have you had any rubbing issues with the rear wheels? If not, do you think you could fit 265 back there instead of the 255?

I've got some wheels from my E92 with the same offsets as your wheels and I'm wondering if I would be able to fit them with 265/35 or 275/30 in the rear. I'm shooting for the 265/35 though... Michelin PSS tires would be the only way to go.
No rubbing issues at all, but keep in mind I'm running m perf suspension which really stiffened up and keeps compression down. Even with two full size adults, the suspension barely drops. I do see plenty of room for 35/265 and others on here have already confirmed that they fit. Will probably go that size when it's time for new shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCircus View Post
Yeah. It's around $100. Looks just like the faux but from the pics it looks a little darker (almost black).
Cool- thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #134
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Three things i would do to makr your car perfect:
- remove the front plate
- tint your windows all around withthe same tone
- get rid of the licence M frame...

Beautiful personalizatiin of your 335i. Very nice! i am jealous...thats why i am nit picking... there isnt much to be said
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #135
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Three things i would do to makr your car perfect:
- remove the front plate
- tint your windows all around withthe same tone
- get rid of the licence M frame...

Beautiful personalizatiin of your 335i. Very nice! i am jealous...thats why i am nit picking... there isnt much to be said
Thanks - cops in SF Bay would be all over me with first two items and i'm not a fan of front windows being dark anyway.

Planning on doing performance kit and rockers next. Brakes still have plenty of life in them so that will probably be the last mod I do and I will be complete. That is of course if I don't jump into an M3 when my lease is due.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #136
Malarky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Simply stunning! Great choice of color and modifications.

-C
      03-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #137
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-sport/2013 X3 35i

You have good taste my friend!

I say that because the car on its way to me right now is a 2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey with Black Dakota/Aluminum Hexagon interior, M-Sport brakes and the same packages (and some other goodies, basically everything that doesn't try to do the driving FOR you).

California be damned, I am not going to run a front plate. I ordered my car with the MPPK to be port installed and have thought about some of these other M-Performance parts, notably the suspension (don't know if I can install that and keep the adaptive dampers) MPE, black kidney grilles, and stainless steel pedal/foot rest covers. Its nice to find some pictures to help me make up my mind.

Last edited by falar; 03-04-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #138
fitking88
Rep
Drives: 2k10 LCI E90

Garage List
Beautiful Cars! Great work fellas.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #139
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by falar View Post
You have good taste my friend!

I say that because the car on its way to me right now is a 2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey with Black Dakota/Aluminum Hexagon interior, M-Sport brakes and the same packages (and some other goodies, basically everything that doesn't try to do the driving FOR you).

California be damned, I am not going to run a front plate. I ordered my car with the MPPK to be port installed and have thought about some of these other M-Performance parts, notably the suspension (don't know if I can install that and keep the adaptive dampers) MPE, black kidney grilles, and stainless steel pedal/foot rest covers. Its nice to find some pictures to help me make up my mind.
Thanks - unfortunately, you would lose adaptive dampers with MPS. Actually, not even sure if this is now an option for adaptive cars. I remember a year ago it was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spent198 View Post
Simply stunning! Great choice of color and modifications.

-C
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitking88 View Post
Beautiful Cars! Great work fellas.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #140
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
Thanks - unfortunately, you would lose adaptive dampers with MPS. Actually, not even sure if this is now an option for adaptive cars. I remember a year ago it was not.

thank you!

Thanks!
Your pictures are killing me while I wait for my car to get here..........so close to adding the front splitter, rear diffusor, and spoiler now.

Have you thought about the M Performance rocker panels? I can't tell the difference between them and the stock M-Sport ones from pictures.
2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey / Sport Auto / Black Dakota / Aluminum Hex / Prem,Tech,DA packages / DHP / M-Sport Brakes / MPPK / MPE / Black Kidney Grilles, SS Pedals, M-Performance CF spoiler / Cameras, heated seats, etc etc

2013 X3 35i...wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #141
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your pictures are killing me while I wait for my car to get here..........so close to adding the front splitter, rear diffusor, and spoiler now.

Have you thought about the M Performance rocker panels? I can't tell the difference between them and the stock M-Sport ones from pictures.
Thinking of doing rockers if I do power kit. Rockers should even out the line from the front splitter to rear and give it a wider look. Hard to tell the diff in pictures on MG. If I get it, will keep black and clear bra it to give it the same gloss finish as the front splitter and grills.

Hope you don't too much more to wait for yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #142
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thinking of doing rockers if I do power kit. Rockers should even out the line from the front splitter to rear and give it a wider look. Hard to tell the diff in pictures on MG. If I get it, will keep black and clear bra it to give it the same gloss finish as the front splitter and grills.

I've already added the SS pedals, black grilles, MPPK and MPE if I keep sitting here looking at pictures of your car or other Mineral Grey cars with M Performance goodies I'm sure by the time it gets here I'll have added every M Performance part there is!

I really want the electronic steering wheel too but since it is Alcantara I would want to do the full M Performance Interior with it.......see how it gets started??'
2014 335i M-Sport Mineral Grey / Sport Auto / Black Dakota / Aluminum Hex / Prem,Tech,DA packages / DHP / M-Sport Brakes / MPPK / MPE / Black Kidney Grilles, SS Pedals, M-Performance CF spoiler / Cameras, heated seats, etc etc

2013 X3 35i...wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #143
falar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I haven't been able to stop looking at pictures of your car since I ordered mine. Today I decided to go "all in" and ordered the front splitter, rear diffuser, rocker blades, and spoiler too. Looks like when they're port installed the side blades and front splitter get painted to match the body.

Thanks for the high quality pics and inspiration!

2013 X3 35i...wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #144
mcli
_________
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6mt

Quote:
Looks like when they're port installed the side blades and front splitter get painted to match the body.
I'm getting side blades installed next Tuesday on my mineral gray 335i. I have the other performance parts, all installed at the port, and they were not body color painted. (I assume that would cost extra, I didn't ask for it, they didn't do it.)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #145
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I haven't been able to stop looking at pictures of your car since I ordered mine. Today I decided to go "all in" and ordered the front splitter, rear diffuser, rocker blades, and spoiler too. Looks like when they're port installed the side blades and front splitter get painted to match the body.

Thanks for the high quality pics and inspiration!
My pleasure - seems like you should be able to request that they not be painted if you don't want them to. That is an extra charge and time for paint. I only had the outer part of rear diffuser painted on mine so the actual diffuser would stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcli View Post
I'm getting side blades installed next Tuesday on my mineral gray 335i. I have the other performance parts, all installed at the port, and they were not body color painted. (I assume that would cost extra, I didn't ask for it, they didn't do it.)
Cool - hope you post pictures once you have them. Are you having them painted?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #146
mcli
_________
United_States
Rep

I'm going to stay with matte black on the blades, as I did with the diffuser & lip (spoiler is cf). Your car was certainly the inspiration as I ordered and planned many of the additions; it looks amazing! Mine is very similar, albeit w/o bbs rims and mps.

I'll snap some pics as soon as I get the painted reflectors on, side blades installed, and a good wax on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #147
mcli
_________
United_States
Rep

Well, had to rush as daylight was fading and rain looming. Here's a couple shots and a link to the full set:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...9#post15674149

You can see the side blades discreetly in both pics:

Last edited by mcli; 03-27-2014 at 01:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #148
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcli View Post
Well, had to rush as daylight was fading and rain looming. Here's a couple shots and a link to the full set:

You can see the side blades discreetly in both pics:
Thanks - car is coming along nicely. Good Job!

Looking at your interior, I'm thinking of CF trim now.

How noticeable is boost from MPPK? And at what rpm do you notice it most? Really thinking about it and was going to wait to test F80, but now not sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #149
mcli
_________
United_States
Rep

I had mppk installed at VPC, so I don't really have a good frame of reference apart from the test drives I've done via non ppk models. The car is lively throughout the rev range until 5k. It's easy to drive it conservatively, yet there is always a lot of torque on tap.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #150
mtbkid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jeep Liberty (Sold)

Love everything but the license plate frame, keep it up dude!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #151
alf_17
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 330i M-Sport

The car looks great, i especially like the wheels.
Are you using original BMW center caps or overlay stickers on the BBS caps?
As far as i can figure out the BBS CH-R uses 70.6mm centercaps and the original BMW are 68mm.
I am set on getting silver BBS CH-R for the mineral grey F32 428i i have on order myself, and BMW centers will be the perfect final touch for the wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 12:19 AM   #152
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Updated Pix of my F30

Just posted updated pix with latest mods. In a few weeks I hope to write up my impression of the MPPK. For now, I can tell you I really like the MP Wheel.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 03:43 AM   #153
whitedidi
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 316i f30

Thank you MadZarBMR!

When I got my new 320i sparkling bronze- luxury line, I felt somthing is missing......

Following your pix I've changed my wheels/tires:
Alpina Classic wheels

Front: 18x8.5 ET35
Rear: 18x9.5 ET35

Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Front: 225/45-18
Rear: 255/40-18

As you can see, it has made a great effect

Quote:
Below are updated pix of my 335i M-Sport 6MT in Mineral Grey with the following ///M Performance parts:
  • ///M Performance Power Kit
  • ///M Performance Carbon Fiber and Alcantara Interior Trim
  • ///M Performance Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pipe Finishers
  • ///M Performance Steering Wheel
  • ///M Performance Rocker Panel Blades
  • ///M Performance Rocker Panel Decals with Clear Bra finish
  • ///M Performance Front Aero Lip Kit
  • ///M Performance Rear Aero Diffuser
  • ///M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
  • ///M Performance Exhaust
  • ///M Performance Suspension
  • ///M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
  • ///M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Next in line will be ///M Performance Brakes

Original PKG and options: Tech, Prem, Driver Assis, 403M 19" wheels, HK Sound, heated seats.

For those that are curious about the ride height of the M-Sport suspension - Front sits at just under 27" and rear sits at 26-5/8". You can see measurements here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8119

Enjoy!

BBS CH-R Wheels with BMW Center Caps & ///M Valve Caps

Front: 19x8.5 ET32
Rear: 19x9.5 ET35

Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Front: 225/40-19
Rear: 255/35-19

///M Performance Parts

Exhaust & Rear Diffuser

Front Splitter

Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler