Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Some tire/offset/spacer questions

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
NYBMWSWAG
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Some tire/offset/spacer questions

Hey guys, I'm looking to put on new rims and tires but I'm a rookie when it comes to wheels. I have an 08 335xi and I want to put 19's on but I have no idea about size and the first number of the tires so thats why I'm posting

I'd like the wheels to be a little wider so they look flush with the fender but is that possible with the xi? Because I know they have to be a square set. Please help! And one more question, if I live in an area thats not too rough but theres some bumpy spots around, would 19's be too big? Or should I go with 18's?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
_shim
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: an e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMWSWAG
I'd like the wheels to be a little wider so they look flush with the fender but is that possible with the xi? Because I know they have to be a square set.
Yes, it's possible. The wheels don't have to be square, the xi's are offered with both square AND staggered setups from the factory . Just keep the rolling diameters (front and rear) within 1% of each other and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMWSWAG
Please help! And one more question, if I live in an area thats not too rough but theres some bumpy spots around, would 19's be too big? Or should I go with 18's?
There are plenty of e9x owners with 19s in the NY/NYC area. It comes down to personal preference. If you like the look of 19s, go for it. Just be cautious of bad roads whether you go with 18s or 19s.
      07-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
NYBMWSWAG
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
Yes, it's possible. The wheels don't have to be square, the xi's are offered with both square AND staggered setups from the factory . Just keep the rolling diameters (front and rear) within 1% of each other and you'll be fine.

There are plenty of e9x owners with 19s in the NY/NYC area. It comes down to personal preference. If you like the look of 19s, go for it. Just be cautious of bad roads whether you go with 18s or 19s.
Thanks! So what ET should I get then ? Theres vmrs that im looking at that are 5x120 18x8.5 ET20. Is that a good offset that will look pretty good with the fenders?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
NYBMWSWAG
Rep

Or should i do 5x120 18.9.5 ET22 ? What would look/dive better?
Appreciate 0