F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Mitchell Report
Extreme Powerhouse

12-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Mitchell Report

what do you guys think about it? BS? Truth?

i have read about 100 pages, pretty interesting

Discuss....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

It kinda of smacks of McCarthyism, if you ask me. I'm certainly not naive enough to think that it doesn't go on, but some of the scenarios/accounts listed in that doc state that people are accusing entire teams of flagrant steriod usage. That's pretty hard to believe.

Just the fact that Sen. Mitchell asked that no actions be taken against people from the report, makes me think that our dear Senator knows that some are conjecture and heresay.

On a side note, Bud Selig's office gets these things reported to them as the 'offenses' are occuirring, and they seem to be liable partners in crime in burying and delaying decisions, as well as plain dropping the ball (seemingly on purpose). There's definitely some major believablility issues with MLB management... never mind the players.

I'm disgusted that there's millions of grade school kids using steriods because of these examples, including Barry Bonds, that are known juicers and break records with nary a hand slap. I feel bad for Mr. Aaron too...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

and all these young kids look at this doc or these iconic baseball players and get educated way to early.

I dont think these players should be disciplined at all though...i say this because i heard something like this is only 5% of players who have supposedly used steroids!! It obviously is and was a problem but we cant cry over spilled milk. From this point on the rules should be more strict at thats it. Its how baseball has grown and this is just a stumbling block that MLB needs to get over.

And the funny thing is that these chemists will just keep developing mixtures that will beat the system. Its evolution....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I feel bad for Mr. Aaron too...
agreed
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
EvanB85
This is my custom user title
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135

This just goes to further my theory that Roger Clemens is a gigantic D-Bag. That's all.
Appreciate 0