THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) BMW cleaners and care products

08-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
PJGP13
United_States
Rep
Drives: waiting for '15 228xi M Sport

Question BMW cleaners and care products

Hey everyone!
Have you tried the products (shampoo, wax, insect remover, etc.) that BMW offers? I was browsing the M performance parts when I found a whole range of products at shopBMWUSA.com. They even have a Natural Care line.

Just wondering how it would compare to other products in the market, which could even be more economical than the BMW ones?

Please share your thoughts and experiences with he products.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

I have the BMW all natural car wash soap and natural Wax.
The BMW soap isn't foamy/sudsy it's more like the P21 car wash soap- it only suds when you spray fill the bucket. I'm using the BMW soap with a Griots micro-fiber wash pad and on the lower parts a Zymol large yellow sponge. I like the results and the mild make-up of the product. You can feel the surfactant in the water opposed to seeing lots of suds.

I've only used the Natural BMW wax on the top surfaces and some spots on the side. I apply with Zymol non-silicon blue applicator pads and buff out with a Griots 100% cotton towel ( I just ordered Zymol micro-fiber towels for buffing out ) The BMW wax is very creamy but dries quick and I needed Spray Wax (Lucas) to buff out. I do believe when I get the Zymol micro-fiber towel buffing out the wax may be easier.
Additionally I think my paint surface was a bit too warm for the wax - next time I'll use 100% shade.

I'm happy with the products, I've moved away from aggressive chemicals for now.

BTW using Pocket Hose Ultra and like it

My car is Mineral White, I've debated between liquid and paste wax. I was going to use Zymol paste - but I think liquid has less chance of getting tiny debris in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
PJGP13
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime
I have the BMW all natural car wash soap and natural Wax.
The BMW soap isn't foamy/sudsy it's more like the P21 car wash soap- it only suds when you spray fill the bucket. I'm using the BMW soap with a Griots micro-fiber wash pad and on the lower parts a Zymol large yellow sponge. I like the results and the mild make-up of the product. You can feel the surfactant in the water opposed to seeing lots of suds.

I've only used the Natural BMW wax on the top surfaces and some spots on the side. I apply with Zymol non-silicon blue applicator pads and buff out with a Griots 100% cotton towel ( I just ordered Zymol micro-fiber towels for buffing out ) The BMW wax is very creamy but dries quick and I needed Spray Wax (Lucas) to buff out. I do believe when I get the Zymol micro-fiber towel buffing out the wax may be easier.
Additionally I think my paint surface was a bit too warm for the wax - next time I'll use 100% shade.

I'm happy with the products, I've moved away from aggressive chemicals for now.

BTW using Pocket Hose Ultra and like it

My car is Mineral White, I've debated between liquid and paste wax. I was going to use Zymol paste - but I think liquid has less chance of getting tiny debris in it.
Great!
Can you rated against the previous products you used for comparison?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep

BMW Natural car wash soap is very good equal to P21. Will continue using the BMW soap.

I like P21 carnuba and Zymol carnuba the best ( not Zymol cleaner wax ).
I like the fact BMW Natural wax is a liquid. It's properties remind me of P21 Polish in terms of application and removal. I also like the look of the BMW wax on my Mineral White. I need more time with the BMW Natural Wax, I like the application - but I need more time to recommend it - but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

I wonder if the BMW stuff is just rebadged from another manufacturer. Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
I wonder if the BMW stuff is just rebadged from another manufacturer. Just curious.
I would think so. Any guesses?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
PJGP13
United_States
Rep

Thanks for sharing guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
overcoil
Major General
Rep

UPDATE on BMW brand Natural Wax.
I'm getting very good beading - small tight droplets, smooth finish, mineral-white color is getting fine gloss and pearlescent effect is strong.
Last week tried to remove tar stains on lower sill and door panel (been doing repaving in my area) with the BMW wax, had to switch to Meguiars Hi-Tech 26 Yellow liquid wax to remove the stains.

So I know the BMW wax is neither aggressive or with any type of polishing capability which is what I prefer, today when I had some bug splatter that wouldn't come off with BMW car soap and microfiber pad, the BMW wax with a foam applicator did the job.
Think I'm getting good wax protection just the way dirt or bugs seem to not really bind to the finish.
Curious if anyone is using the BMW detailing supplies?
And if people are happy with their BMW paint finish?

I'm coming from 16 years of Mercedes 040 black paint and that paint is a chore.
Appreciate 0