E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Open Positions on Factory Harness for JB4

11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
diamondbacvenomx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Open Positions on Factory Harness for JB4

Hey guys hopefully someone can help me out.

I lost the 3 wires that need to be removed when you install the DPfix in the JB4 PNP. I contacted BMS to buy additional jumper cables to replace the 3 I lost and instead of selling me cables, they suggested I find a few open positions on the factory harness that has no wires and move the corresponding wire over to the JB4 (very cool of them help me find a free solution instead of selling me a product).

Now I can do my own routine maintenance and installed the JB4 myself but I am no where near confident enough to discover these open positions on the factory harness. Maybe I'm making this out to be more complicated than it is but could someone explain a bit further where I can find these open positions? Pictures would be extremely appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbacvenomx View Post
Hey guys hopefully someone can help me out.

I lost the 3 wires that need to be removed when you install the DPfix in the JB4 PNP. I contacted BMS to buy additional jumper cables to replace the 3 I lost and instead of selling me cables, they suggested I find a few open positions on the factory harness that has no wires and move the corresponding wire over to the JB4 (very cool of them help me find a free solution instead of selling me a product).

Now I can do my own routine maintenance and installed the JB4 myself but I am no where near confident enough to discover these open positions on the factory harness. Maybe I'm making this out to be more complicated than it is but could someone explain a bit further where I can find these open positions? Pictures would be extremely appreciated
It will be obvious when you open the ECU. Not all the openings in the stock harness have wires going into them. It varies car to car but what BMS was saying is that the corresponding JB4 harness wires to the stock ones where there is no wire can be removed and swapped into the needed position.

There should be 10+ blank slots for you to choose from.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
diamondbacvenomx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
It will be obvious when you open the ECU. Not all the openings in the stock harness have wires going into them. It varies car to car but what BMS was saying is that the corresponding JB4 harness wires to the stock ones where there is no wire can be removed and swapped into the needed position.

There should be 10+ blank slots for you to choose from.

Mike
Perfect! Thanks for the answer, I'll give it a go when the weather is above 35 degrees lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
marc@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbacvenomx View Post
Perfect! Thanks for the answer, I'll give it a go when the weather is above 35 degrees lol.
no no you're doing all wrong! cooler weather => more power!
Appreciate 0