E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > FIXED: Sliding coin noise when turning

11-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #23
J38
BMW Addict
Rep
Drives: '11 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
What's a coin?? Your paycheck
Oh! Yeah, we usually just refer to it in cents, but it's all electronic. So if I were getting paid cash, it would be in "coins"!
      11-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
pk_
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i X-Drive

THANK GOD. I have been loosing my mind over this shit. and that video made me howl, borderline what I was about to do.

But thank you sir for the thread. Wondering how you were able to pull up the leather though...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
techie182
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Thank you sir! Found quarter rolling under.
Now to figure out what is making rattle noise by door latch.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #26
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

I been battling that noise for years I couldn't figure it out. Ill be going out to my car and pull off that cover to check!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #27
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Damn. So glad I found this thread! Gf dropped a penny at the same place and it was driving my nuts for a week.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #28
miker2013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6mt Msport coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetcho View Post
I haven't had my 335i for long, but there has been this sliding noise that has been driving me crazy when turning, not accelerating. Everything I had read on here was saying it was coming from the air vents from under the seats. Seemed logical, it sounded like it was a metal abacus each time I turned. I pulled a seat out last night to get the coins out and I was shocked to hear the noise when I lifted the seat out at an angle! The coins were IN the seats!!!

After looking around and yanking on stuff, I realized the coins got in via the knee bolsters! I pulled those out, and pulled the leather and a flap opened up and the coins were right there!

FYI, their are two voids where the coins can go, one directly below this, and one slightly behind that, not visible but I had coins in both and could easily reach my hand back and grab them. What an easy fix, check this first before removing your seats, heck before shoving your hand under there even!!!!
how do u pull the leather up there? does it just snap back in?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #29
Tim G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 3.0d LCI

Thanks for this, found a golf tee in the air vent under the passenger seat! Been rolling around and bugging me for a while now!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 04:21 PM   #30
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Thank you OP. The coin noise was driving me crazy but today got the coins out and all is quiet again
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 07:38 AM   #31
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

anyone with the phone eject box in the center have this noise from that area?
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #32
iconfat
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Had a tic tac make its way into my air vent below the seat. Rattled for a while until I found a good uphill and gave the car some gas. The inertia too hold and the tic tac flew right out onto the carpet. 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 01:18 AM   #33
BMW_CarMania
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

FIXED - BMW Sliding noise under front seat when going around corners quickly - COINS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetcho View Post
I haven't had my 335i for long, but there has been this sliding noise that has been driving me crazy when turning, not accelerating. Everything I had read on here was saying it was coming from the air vents from under the seats. Seemed logical, it sounded like it was a metal abacus each time I turned. I pulled a seat out last night to get the coins out and I was shocked to hear the noise when I lifted the seat out at an angle! The coins were IN the seats!!!

After looking around and yanking on stuff, I realized the coins got in via the knee bolsters! I pulled those out, and pulled the leather and a flap opened up and the coins were right there!

FYI, their are two voids where the coins can go, one directly below this, and one slightly behind that, not visible but I had coins in both and could easily reach my hand back and grab them. What an easy fix, check this first before removing your seats, heck before shoving your hand under there even!!!!
Thank you for this information, I initially thought it was something in the under the front seat air vent but after spending a lot of time and effort and reading your post, it ended up being some loose coins in the actual seat.

For others with a similar issue here is what I found to praise and clarify this above initial post.

1 - When ever I took a corner too fast both left then right turn, I could hear a sliding noise under the front PASSENGER seat.
2 - When ever I had a passenger in the front seat - No matter how quickly I took the turn - There was NEVER a noise.
3 - I extended the passenger bolster seat that extends the bottom part of the seat towards the front of the car and pulled up on the leather extension to reveal the underside of the seat. - The leather flap is stitched to the seat part but the leather flap towards the front of the car - the small extension part can be easily pulled up as it is on a plastic clip which will reveal the underside where I found 4 coins - ($5.00AU) in plain sight with my eyes and removed with my fingers no need for any tools/Sticks/gabbing tongs.
4 - Then you simply clip the leather flap back on - This was the trickiest bit but once I worked it out it was quite simple. Tip: - Push the plastic clip at 90Degrees to how it will eventually fit and it was a simple click sound. The entire fix once I read the post took me 5 minutes max.
3 - Now I am very happy and have $5.00 towards a free cheeseburger!!

A BIG SHOUT-OUT TO THE ORIGINAL POST - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS WITH THE COMMUNITY!

Last edited by BMW_CarMania; 10-18-2023 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: First post and wanting to expand my reply with the community.
Appreciate 0