Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Spare Tire for e90

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Biimer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

Spare Tire for e90

so i'm ditching the runflats like most others do and i'm going to need a spare with a jack and whatever else there is. i tried doing a little research but couldn't find anything. I'm looking for something cheap that gets the job done (hopefully it won't have to).

Also are there any spare tire setups that fit in the little compartment in the bottom of the trunk? You know, where you can lift up the mat and theres that compartment that i personally never use. I would hate to have a tire just sitting in my trunk taking up all the space and moving around while i'm driving.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

no spare tires will fit under the mat -- however, the OEM tools will fit. I have the donut kit from Bavarian Auto, the tools are under the mat, and there is enough space over the spare for a regular-sized rollaboard suitcase or some shopping bags. One trick is, invert the spare and store stuff in the wheel dish area, as well.

A couple bungee cords or a tie-down strap to the rings in the trunk keep the tire from moving.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Ryland
Rep
Drives: 08 328i sedan

I would vote to just go without unless you are normaly driving in very rural areas. Otherwise just go without and use roadside assistance to go get you a tire. Or keep a can of tire goop in your car. I've only put a doughnut on a car once in the last 30 years. Even then it was a situation where I could have called roadside assistance. Not worth the expense of buying the tools and spare plus taking up space in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
serge73
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 2020 M40i

agree with not carrying a spare, I ditched RFT's as well and didnt put either a spare or a can of fix a flat (I will get a can just in case though)... I have been lucky and in 3 years and over 70K miles of driving around Houston have never had a flat in either car so Ill stick to this story and hope for the best :-)

p.s. off course now that I said this I will probably get a flat this weekend! lol
Appreciate 0